Thread Rating:
ICC Cricket World Cup 2019
India well down on the strike rate. Only one wicket lost though so still could go either way.

Ten an over required with fifteen left.

Surely not.
[Image: 2ZJuVRk.gif]
Need 51 from the last two overs.

Surely not.
Not been cynical, honest!!!! I think Pakistan have just been well and truly s**thoused by India, if ever there was a tactical defeat that was it, painful at the beginning and end. Winning toss vital as wicket got slower
Have you heard about the news on Mizar 5
People got to shout to stay alive

Never in doubt Big Grin

The thought occurred to me as well that they were throwing it to spite Pakistan, but surely Kohli is enough of a competitor that he'd want to win regardless? He doesn't strike me as the type to do it, not because of sportsmanship but because of his sheer hatred of losing. Plus Dhoni has plenty of form for nudging and nurdling his way through the final overs of a game that's gone: I recall him getting booed by India fans for doing something similar during last summer's ODIs.
Sure enough, Mr Spirit Of The Game is now moaning about the short boundary at Edgbaston. Last time I checked, Virat, it was the same length for both teams.
(29-06-2019, 19:28)Lord Snooty Wrote: So with Pakistan only Bangladesh still to play,  we definitely need to win both remaining matches. How did it get to this? Huh

"only Bangladesh" thinking is probably the reason we'll need to win against New Zealand. Onlybangladesh are pretty damned good ....... and in this lottery-based cricket all the teams involved have the potential to win any game. The suspicion remains we are just flat-track bullies; when we are dominating we are world-beaters, throw in adverse conditions and a bit of misfortune and we've yet to prove we can think our way to victory.
Lord Snooty likes this post
You're right of course. Only Bangladesh was quite a daft thing to say.
Good article in the New Statesman about what a colossal balls-up it was to keep this whole tournament off terrestrial TV.

https://www.newstatesman.com/politics/sp...-190127789
Lord Snooty likes this post
England win the toss. Bat first. Hundred partnership.
Why oh why do we sometimes put the opposition in?
NZ hitting the self destruct button. Two run outs.

69-4

Surely we can't cock this one up!
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »