Thread Rating:
European Union Referendum - In or Out??
Parliament is split. They don't want May's Deal, they don't want a 2nd referendum, they don't want single market + customs union, they don't want no Brexit. What do they want?

It's nearly 3 years since we had the vote and the longer this continues the longer the mandate to leave starts to disappear.
CHESTERFIELD PREDICTION LEAGUE WINNER 2015/2016

More to Football than the Premier League and SKY
The status quo? Just revoke Article 50 and do what over a million petitioners (so far!) now realise is the best action i.e. no action in terms of our trading arrangement, just stick with what we have at the mo and lets get back to some form of normal living because the status quo prevails.
The EU have gone for :

22nd May if WA voted through.
14th April if not - at which point we can ask for another extension or a no deal exit.

Sounds to me like the EU council are signalling parliament as clearly as they can to either sideline may or bin her completely.
Yep! I reckon that is an implicit move by Juncker et al. I'm listening to new buzz words (an alternative option by Labour) called Common Market 2.0!? Nahhhh!!! The status quo prevails - it is better than any of the other versions!!!! Smell the f###### coffee eh!!
The EU have had enough of may, that's for sure.

Amazing how 27 different countries with different languages and cultures can reach consensus so quickly, while we have had chaos and division for years now.
Now approaching 3 million signatures for the "Revoke Article 50" petition and it's no real surprise. It's now common ground for all sides to speak about revocation, and that's the big change in attitude.

The trouble with that is that every positive motion put forward in Parliament has been defeated. Everyone knows what Parliament doesn't want, but we're no further forward as to what they do want. The EU have now found out what we already knew - Theresa May has no authority to carry out her plan and they have only allowed the extension to be carried out on their terms.

All that's happened is that the deadline day has been put back and we still face the same scenario as before.
Cabbage is still good for you
I'd luv to see that anti Brexit petition exceed the 17M "will of the people" figure that has been regularly bandied about by lotsa these shameless cretons who want Brexit but happy to misuse such a democratic line to suit their case and irritate lotsa people in the process. It clearly won't happen in a petition like this one but one can only wish for such a symbolic moment!!
(22-03-2019, 16:10)0762 Wrote: I'd luv to see that anti Brexit petition exceed the 17M "will of the people" figure that has been regularly bandied about by lotsa these shameless cretons who want Brexit but happy to misuse such a democratic line to suit their case and irritate lotsa people in the process. It clearly won't happen in a petition like this one but one can only wish for such a symbolic moment!!

Only problem with that petition is people who live in other countries have been signing it as well.

(22-03-2019, 18:52)spireitematt Wrote:
(22-03-2019, 16:10)0762 Wrote: I'd luv to see that anti Brexit petition exceed the 17M "will of the people" figure that has been regularly bandied about by lotsa these shameless cretons who want Brexit but happy to misuse such a democratic line to suit their case and irritate lotsa people in the process. It clearly won't happen in a petition like this one but one can only wish for such a symbolic moment!!

Only problem with that petition is people who live in other countries have been signing it as well.

I thought foreign interference in our democratic system was just fine ?

Oh well. I see uncle Vince cable saying that may told him in the cross party meeting that 'the people voted for pain' Laugh Laugh Laugh

The womans barking mad and she needs stopped before its too late.
David Van Day got elected as a Councillor to Thurrock council and Uri Geller promises to stop Brexit by using telepathy.

« Next Oldest | Next Newest »