Thread Rating:
RIFC
I'm sure they will come up with a gem.
Certainly they can fine the club but in reality what can they do to MA if he refuses to comply?? He is not a director or a member of staff at the club so they cannot fine him, he can just refuse to comply and the only avenue open to them is the come after the club again!!

At the end of the day though, what is MA's intentions with the club anyway?? He stands to earn much more money with Newcastle than he ever will at Rangers, particualrly with the new tv rights issues coming up. I suppose there is more chance of european football for you guys than there is for Newcastle once you get back to the top league, but aside from that I can only see the expansion of his retail business as the only gain for him!!
He doesn't make money at Newcastle though, does he? He loaned them 170m (or simikar amount) interest free.

The club is a huge advertising hoarding shown all over the world every second week. I would imagine its cheaper to control Newcastle and cover the ground in advertising than it is to pay for the same level of advertising via a TV channel. And its his core customer who watches the games.

So, as long as Newcastle don't make a loss he's quite happy.

Rangers get him just as much, maybe more, publicity for far less cash.
It is the SFA that is out of step with UEFA Rules on ownership and control, not Rangers, Newcastle United, or Mike Ashley.

Skysports - Rangers breach SFA rules on ownership - 16/12/14 12:39pm
AVFC RFC SAFC
That UEFA rule is so ambiguous!! They say that one person cannot be in control of two clubs within UEFA, but what constitutes "control"?? Currently MA owns approx 9% of Rangers and 100% of Newcastle, but to be fair he is in virtually complete control of both clubs as we stand today!!

(16-12-2014, 01:19)TheWorthinGer Wrote: He doesn't make money at Newcastle though, does he? He loaned them 170m (or simikar amount) interest free.

The club is a huge advertising hoarding shown all over the world every second week. I would imagine its cheaper to control Newcastle and cover the ground in advertising than it is to pay for the same level of advertising via a TV channel.  And its his core customer who watches the games.

So, as long as Newcastle don't make a loss he's quite happy.

Rangers get him just as much, maybe more, publicity for far less cash.

Yes, I suppose you are right about Newcastle, they are self sustaining whilever they are in the EPL and he will probably never pump much money into them going forward. This is what pisses off their fans, no desire to try to push on to achieve more and money going out of the club and into Sports Directs pocket all the time.

With Rangers, assuming he can keep them afloat with a few loans here and there while promotion is achieved, he stands to potentially gain millions if they can get back to European football, and in particualr the CL!! Currently thats a very big if with Celtic being far ahead currently, but I assume he will continue to add his influence on the club and will buy more and more shares as he is able to, by the time that happens, he truly will be in control!!
Here is the formal announcement to the Stock Exchange regarding the SFA.

Rangers FC - Scottish Football Association Limited ("SFA") disciplinary tribunal (RNS Number : 9810Z) 17 December 2014

More on the above here, plus the SPFL trying to get for itself the £250K EBT fine imposed on the Oldco (notice not on the website as yet).

Skysports - Rangers to defend SFA charges over Ashley involvement
AVFC RFC SAFC
Here is the official annoucement regarding the SPFL's attempt to get the £250K fine levied on the Oldco.

Rangers FC - Scottish Professional Football League Limited ("SPFL") Claim. (RNS Number : 9811Z) 17 December 2014
AVFC RFC SAFC
Couldn't make it up shameless to the core....
Not unexpected when the SPFL is still run by the same scurrilous crooks as it was under its previous guise. This is the second time they've stolen money that was due to us to cover their own shortfalls. If we come through this we should sue to have all monies due to us in a season paid to us up front from now on as the SPFL board has displayed no integrity in the performance of its duties.
Official announcement of the appointment of Mike Ashley's protege, Derek Llambias, as CEO.

Rangers FC - Appointment of Chief Executive Officer (RNS Number : 2514A) 19 December 2014

As El Car said on the other thread, 'Up Yours, SFA !'.
AVFC RFC SAFC
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »