Thread Rating:
Well, I never saw that coming . . .
Would anyone offered £750k a year to manage Rangers refuse it??
(15-12-2014, 19:13)Fredstersafool Wrote: Would anyone offered £750k a year to manage Rangers refuse it??

I have to admit, Fred, that is Nail On Head.
AVFC RFC SAFC
No-one's going to knock that back no danger,it might be ridiculous money to be paid for the league's he was managing in but that's what was offered and he rightfully took it.
(15-12-2014, 19:11)Larry-AV Wrote: I do not like the personal abuse being directed at Ally McCoist.
Despite the amount in his contract, I do not and never will regard Ally as being amongst the leeches who have sucked money out of the Club. Remember too that Ally has invested in the Club as a shareholder.

Certainly criticise Ally for tactics, team selections, lack of results, etc, the things any Manager is criticised for ... e.g., Paul Lambert !
Call for Ally to be replaced too, provided there is someone who folks feel sure will be able to get the team playing and delivering the results we all wish to see.
But show some appreciation for what Ally has done on behalf of Rangers over the years, especially since 2012.
Remember too that last Friday on SSN, he was in no position to comment on his offer to resign.
If Ally is not up to the job of Manager (as many feel), then he goes ... and as I have said before, he goes by putting Club before Self and resigning.

The thing is though, despite all the lip service he's given to the club, his pay packet is - and has been throughout his tenure - more important to him than Rangers is. I don't claim to know the circumstances behind his resignation, but it's clear from his recent comments that he had no intention of stepping aside on the basis of appalling performances and football results. If this was any other club in normal circumstances his departure would be welcomed by pretty much all.

If members of the board were trying to get him out the door then fine, he basically deserves it for not winning matches. If he's tried to call the board's bluff in order to keep his personal teaboy in a job then he's badly miscalculated and again deserves it. If there's something else going on behind the scenes that he felt he couldn't be party too then good on him, and hopefully he'll let the rest of us in on it, though I suspect that if doing so would necessitate forfeiting his pay off we won't be hearing a peep from him for a while.

Ally to joint Dave King's campaign team is my prediction.
Larry he got shares go 1p that I had to buy at 75p he can xxxx right off
He has done nothing but rake in money through his inflated salary and the shares!! If he had any integrity and desire to see the club prosper then he would resign due to the poor performances. I am not saying he is holding the club to ransom, but its in his hands to walk away now and let the club move on. He of all people must know that they cannot afford to pay him off, why hold the club you supposedly love to the letter of the dubious contract originally signed??
Ffs, every contract arranged since Green has not been to the benefit of the club, and his is o e of them.
Not exactly a great management career thus far, mind you its the Daily Fail so who knows what Gattuso really said

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footbal...Ibrox.html

Gannaro Gattuso has admitted he wants to be the next manager of Rangers after the Ibrox club finally confirmed Ally McCoist is working a 12-month notice period.

The Italian World Cup winner spent a short spell in Glasgow in the late 1990s as a teenager before moving on to Salernitana then AC Milan.

The 36-year-old revealed: ‘My wife is from Glasgow but the main reason to want to go there is because Rangers is a big team with big stories.
No thank you Gannaro! Or his brother Gennaro.
Poor old Gattuso - great player, but done xxxx all as manager.

I'd like to see McCall get the gig.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »