Thread Rating:
Town v Fluham - 5th November 2018
I dont know cas, he's a busy player and shows glimpses like that shot in the first half and a few twists and turns , but he just seems to be missing something for me and I think its probably in the athleticism category, he isnt strong and nor ahould he be at five foot five, but he at times doesnt look like he has the power to kick the ball at times, the attempted lofted ball to lolo in the second half, two attempted crosses in the first half that looked rather scuffed maybe he tries to be too precise or maybe he can only do it over short distances
Hadhergonads was throwing himself around a bit but Sessegnon was getting away with a lot of fouls on him too. Well, he's only a kid isn't he? A baby faced assassin like him couldn't possibly foul anyone could they? Other than that, I wouldn't quite put Gonads in the copy and paste VLP bracket though he could do with a cross on him like Lowe has developed rather than the one's our wingers normally put in. Mooy was far from wasted playing up the park, one of his best for a while however we had nobody really running at them down the centre with the ball. Phil Bill tried but we're missing Williams in that department. I know you can suposedly pass it quicker, but passing it round the same triangle while everyone stands still isn't brilliant football either.

We've now smacked the woodwork as often as those rich so and so's at the top of the division, we're still way off catching them up on putting it in the onion bag though. There was a big shout for handball in the second half - haven't seen that on any replays yet.

We could've, should've put this one to bed by half-time (yet again) but deary me, MBenza - first player to have a thru'penny bit foot from that far oute'd no need to shoot either. The defence wasn't catching him and the keeper was laying eggs. Go round him and tuck it away. Could have been another folk hero .... well maybe later. Decent turn of pace on him, needs to be more aware positionally though. Runs away from passing situations rather than into them.

At the end of the day, the first half was a damned fine display of gegenpressing and we thoroughly deserved the points. The second half was always going to be more of a scrap with them bringing on more players in midfield.

Big smile on my face all day today despite not getting home while nearly 1:00am (I know I should have gone down the M1) thanks to lane closures, a 15 minute delay on the M60 and the M6 being shut at Knutsford. 4 hours later I was up again getting ready for work. Might be an early night tonight. Big Grin ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

[Image: _104184897_tosan_getty.jpg]

PS SCO 'that woman from Casualty' that plays Duffy is Old Mother Shipton's Great, Great, Great, Grand Daughter, Cathy
Lord Snooty likes this post
A guide to cask ale.

[Image: aO7W3pZ.png]

Multi-tasking. I can listen, ignore and forget all at the same time.
The win was everything, the performance 1st half was very lively but we inevitably 2nd half, lost a lot of tempo and it became a slug fest to defend and get it forward and to relieve any pressure as much as possible.

Mooy back to his best, Hoggy snapping away breaking up play, and solid across the back for most of the evening. Mounie looked dumbfounded to be hauled off, never has Waggers subbed at 54 mins before, LDP did put himself about nicely, we still need one or t'other to click though and do what strikers do and score.

Hardergonads just need crossing practice ( maybe VLP can coach him) or hope Durms groiner dont take too long to fix. Kill Bill out for Saturday when I think the forward line with pace and power will give us a tough afternoon against the Whammers.

The goal celebrated long & hard a huge relief in the stadium , just put the planner on to start watching it tonight. Looked like the players werent that keen on the wiggly finger wavey arm thing till Hoggy pulled rank but a win might be so rare they should practice while they can.

My Toronto exiled bud made it back to London to return his hire car about 2.30 am and back at the hotel for 3, fresh as a daisy for his 10am conflabs i'd imagine, well worth the trip thou. He managed 3 games last season so he's barely a stranger.
Lord Snooty and hibeejim21 like this post
Billing wasn't booked by the way. Don't know why the media said he was. Mbongo kicked the ball away and the ref waved a card in his direction. Phil was still on the floor having made a tackle.

The big shout for handball in the second half, correct decision for a change. he did put his arm out to block it, but the ball hit him on the top of the shoulder.
[Image: 2ZJuVRk.gif]
I don't get what Radio L**ds saw when they thought Billing was booked. Even from Snootys position or mine further along the block it was obvious Mbenza was booked for booting the ball away.
Tbf wakey sky said billing too.

How many on here actually know each other from at the ground etc? Always wanted to know
I know Wakey and Mitzi. Would recognise MNt. Have said hello to Cas and Shep. I've been out with some of our Scottish friends from other teams' boards. Also from other teams I would recognise spireitematt, beefy and SCO. I think that's it.
Not all men are sexist but all men can stop sexism. CALL IT OUT!
I'd probably recognize no one, not knowingly anyways
Amelia Chaffinch likes this post
Well, if you used social media ....
Tongue
Not all men are sexist but all men can stop sexism. CALL IT OUT!
I use that one with faces in books, whats it called now?
Amelia Chaffinch likes this post
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »