Thread Rating:
Well, I never saw that coming . . .
BBC Sportsound ‏@BBCSportsound 3m3 minutes ago

BREAKING NEWS: Ally McCoist has resigned as @RangersFC manager. More to follow...
Christmas comes early. At least he did the right thing.
Apparently SSN saying he's tendered his resignation.
(12-12-2014, 15:45)supercooper Wrote: Christmas comes early. At least he did the right thing.

Aye, eventually. Now let's see what the players make of it, who we get in as a replacement and how the fans respond RE: attendances.

Bookies' favourite must be Butcher given he ruled himself out of the Motherwell running on Wednesday. I'm not so sure about him as a Rangers manager and his play-off record isn't much cop either (Wink).

Stuart McCall I feel isn't really up to the job IMO, so for me that leaves Billy Davies as prime candidate.

(12-12-2014, 15:45)Fredstersafool Wrote: Apparently SSN saying he's tendered his resignation.

Wouldn't put it past them to refuse it.  Laugh
In one way I could see why they wouldn't accept,BUT if it is true that certain members of the board want rid of him they would surely accept it as they wouldn't cost them anything????

Hearing now that he's given 12 months notice.
Has to be Davies. Maybe Sir Alex will come out of retirement Wink
I have the grave suspicion that McCoist is going nowhere for now.
What I said to BG in October on FB (and also posted here) has come to pass, it seems.

12/12/2014 : Skysports - Ally McCoist tenders resignation as manager of Rangers

Whether Ally's resignation is accepted remains to be seen.

This is what I said pre-season to BG, on FB :
If by the end of October Rangers are not leading the division or at worst are not engaged in a 'close combat' tussle for top spot, then that would be cause for concern. Now there could be various reasons for Rangers not running away from the rest of the teams, but I hope and expect that Rangers will be leading the division by the turn of the year, all being well, comfortably. I do not expect Rangers to go through the coming season unbeaten, so there will be setbacks.
However, if by the turn of the year it becomes evident that Rangers will fail to meet the target, promotion as champions of the division, then Ally McCoist's position as manager will become untenable. Let us hope that situation does NOT materialise
AVFC RFC SAFC
Going to have to haud our horses until the club make an official statement.

There's far too much rumour and speculation flying about the now.
Just the norm Trus when news like this breaks.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »