Thread Rating:
Town away at Watford
Awful, awful, awful awful, awful, awful. Apart from that, we were crap.
A guide to cask ale.

[Image: aO7W3pZ.png]

Multi-tasking. I can listen, ignore and forget all at the same time.
Not seen any of the match. Only heard about 10 mins of Oggy. But Alan McNally said Ben Foster was man of match. We had good stats again. 12 shots, 7 on target. Most possession.
Where did it go wrong?
[Image: 2ZJuVRk.gif]
We hadn't a Scooby Doo how to put a tackle in for their first two. We stood and watched the free kick for the third, apart from that, my gran could have played in goal for them and been man of the match and she died 20 years ago. Otherwise, refer to my previous post Snoots. AWFUL.

Foster had to make 2 good saves out of the ones we put on target, if that makes him man of the match, just shows how poor both teams were really apart from when Watford ran through our defence. Can't recall anyone on our side running at them.
Lord Snooty likes this post
A guide to cask ale.

[Image: aO7W3pZ.png]

Multi-tasking. I can listen, ignore and forget all at the same time.
No stats can gloss over that. No quality. No bottle. Awful. Huge 2 games coming up, we need to up our game or we’re finished at this level.
I didn't go but watched it on a stream. We were awful and there was not one player who had a good game at all, defending was laughable, our passing was woeful, couldn't pass five yards at times, the first touch of some of the players was poorer than that of sunday league village players.

I'll share my views on the players

Lossl- seen some criticism of him on the second goal, it seems like a lot of goalkeepers get low when then shuffle across goal like he did, I used to do so, helps get down for the low shot. Just the watford player went over him.

Durm- had a couple of chances to tactically foul for the first goal as did a lot of them, got forward ok

Zanka- said he wants to play at a better standard of team. If that is so he needs to shape up big time because he is slack allround so far this season. Stupid fouls, sloppy passes, you name it.

Schindler- probably the closest we had to a motm, but in truth it was a poor game altogether for the team.

Lowe- poor challenge on the second goal, one good shot hitting the crossbar. Got forward ok but again final third issues.

Billing- complete passenger at times, no show in some challenges, when the going gets tough he clears off. Has a good range of passing but that isnt going to be enough. Has been maturing of late, needs to mature a bit more before he can honestly hold down a position

Hogg- suspect of sloppy passes and sloppy challenges, breaks play well but hinders the team at the same time

Mooy- poor game, out of position, initially billing was out left but they soon switched, he's too slow to play anywhere other than central.

Mbenza- looked lost, poor passing led to multiple losses of possession, poor first touch too, woeful crosses all in all reminded me of malvin kamara.

Pritchard- starting to wonder what he actually offers, buzzes around the place, looks to get the ball but is lightweight and shirks every challenge, not quick when running with the ball either, another who is pretty much a passenger.

Depoitre- huffs and puffs, plenty of endeavour but this season his touch and link up play has been poor, loads of flicks now which suggests he has lost a bit of whatever pace he had and not as fit as he was, a case of clouded thoughts.

Subs

Bacuna- not on long enough to do anything

Sobhi- didn't do much, looks stronger than Pritchard but probably slower. Think he has an eye for a pass but we wont use it.

Mounie- still really lazy for me, half arsed runs after the ball, rather lightweight for a big lad too. Like I said on the Liverpool match thread, his attitude will cost him a place
Seen the highlights now and I think I'll take Alan McNally's view of the match than you who were actually there.
Watford's keeper had an absolute blinder and all their goals were worldies. Yes we made mistakes but I'm not buying into this over negative gloom that has been on social media since yesterday.
[Image: 2ZJuVRk.gif]
Worst performance since promotion to the premier league for me. To go from the efforts of last week to the lack of effort this week is unfathomable. Zero positives.

Huge improvement required for a massive game against Fulham, but the players have been allowed time to go on holiday. Madness. That terrier identity looks to be well & truly finished.
1 win in 20, that stat alone should be ringing alarm bells amongst some of you.
Saw all the match on a stream....
First 15 mins we were outstanding. Foster played a blinder to stop us scoring.
But after that first goal went in we were awful. The defending from all the team at times was comical. It was bad.....really bad.
We just don't score enough goals. Simple as that really. When on top like we were at the start on Saturday, you need to take your chances.
I could make an argument for us to have 8 points at least right now. 2 extra points each v Burnley and Everton. Best team in both games and should have won both. And a point v Liverpool last week. Again best team and should have scored.
But we are only on 3 because we can't bloody score enough goals.
In beer there is freedom, in wine there is health, in cognac there is power and in water there is bacteria
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »