Thread Rating:
Lancashire 2018
Surrey v Lancashire The Oval 19/8/2018 to 22/8/2018

The proper game returns on Sunday for a 6 week block of 4 day games give or take a slight hiatus for the Vitality knock out and finals day. Although the return of the four day game is to be welcomed this is an experimental pink ball game with a late start and the best part of two hours to be played under lights when it's dark.
Lancs will be up against it as well, no Jennings, Livingstone and Anderson from the Yorkshire game, will they pick Clark against his new employers, although Surrey will be without Sam Curran and Ollie Pope they have a massive squad to pick from mainly South African born!!!! Surrey look well on the way to winning the title, for us a win is desperately needed to try and get us away from the drop zone.
Any news etc will be posted on here
Have you heard about the news on Mizar 5
People got to shout to stay alive

Surrey 211 Lancs 134-6
Could have been better their 9th wicket put on about 50 and we were 114-3, Dernbach went off injured late on bizarre listening to cricket in England at 9.30 on a Sunday night

Surrey finished 196-4 161 ahead Foakes and Curran well set, 275 could be difficult

That was close.

Buttler and Jennings will be available tonight at Canterbury. I'll be there, wearing my White Rose with pride and directing any Lancastrians I see the wrong way to the ground. ?
Et in Arcadia Ego.

General football writing here
I watched the last few overs on the Surrey online stream; Morkel was the difference, but Lancs were so unlucky. Onions very nearly carried it all the way home, and the catch at short leg to win it was an insane one-handed reflex job. Great match for the neutral.
And now we have four massive Championship games to come

I should've stayed home.
Et in Arcadia Ego.

Mutism in Kent support so wonderful

I didn't hear much mutism in the Kent support.
Et in Arcadia Ego.

Lancashire v Worcestershire at Southport 29/8/2018 to 1/9/2018

A relegation 48 pointer against Worcestershire, lose this and we are in serious trouble, a win and we can get out of the drop zone, both sides will be without key players due to test call ups, our usual three plus Moeen is also in the England squad.

Always loved watching cricket at Trafalgar Road and the first time I went there was in 1969 when the visitors were Worcestershire, here is the scorecard from that match.
static.espncricinfo.com/db/ARCHIVE/1960S/1969/ENG_LOCAL/CC/LANCS_WORCS_CC_16-18JUL1969.html

Before I got a car it always involved a massive bus journey originally the 298 from Blackburn to Southport then when that route closed into Preston and the 102 to Southport.

Lancs will probably play the same team that came so close to winning at the Oval will be good to see what Clark is like for Worcester. In the original match they hammered us.
Forecast is decent and I'm there for the best part of three days. It's the last chance to see the Red Rose on home soil this season.

« Next Oldest | Next Newest »