Thread Rating:
Former Spireite signs for.....
(14-03-2018, 19:48)Devongone Wrote: "Barnet Football Club can this afternoon confirm the arrival of Matthew Briggs on a non-contract basis. 10/0318

Left back Matthew Briggs arrives at The Hive London and has widened the clubs options and increased our squad depth.

Matthew Briggs started his career in the Fulham youth setup. He made his Premier League debut aged just 16 years, 65 days making him the youngest ever player to play in England’s top flight."

Came on as sub' against Port Vale on Tuesday.

Did we officially release him or did he just go AWOL?
CHESTERFIELD PREDICTION LEAGUE WINNER 2015/2016

More to Football than the Premier League and SKY
His contract ended I think, but I'm not sure we knew where he was.

But then do we look as though we know where any of our players are?
Matt Briggs has been released by Barnet. Lasted 10 days and only played 15 minutes.

Obviously he was just Martin Allen's kind of player.

I wonder what is wrong with him? You can't be that good, and now that bad in terms of ability. Obviously it is something loads of managers pick up on .....
Jamie Lowry is back at Godolphin Atlantic (What a name!) for his 2nd spell after he was player/manager last time.

Diego De Girolamo has signed for Macclesfield till the end of the season.

Godolphin Atlantic was started as a pub team this century, out of Newquay's Godolphin pub. They play on Godolphin Way and the Atlantic rolls in the distance I suppose. I think there is some ancient Cornish connection between Cornwall and the Godolphin Arabian from which Godolphin racing takes its names. The Godolphin Arabian was one of the foundations of the thoroughbred breed in what? errrr the eighteen century maybe. (Cornwall likes to think it got there first.) (Here in Devon we know they don't even know how to do their scones.)

Is Diego good news for Macclesfield or Sutton?

Did you know .........?

"Matlock Town is pleased to announce the signing of 6’4 seventeen-year-old defender Marshall Willock on a loan for the rest of the season from neighbours Chesterfield FC

The 17-year-old was released by Walsall before joining Solihull Moors and was earmarked by Solihull boss Liam McDonald as one to watch after promoting him to first-team action towards the end of last season.

In his younger years, Willock had trialled with Birmingham City and Scunthorpe United, and turned down a trial at Grimsby Town to stay with Moors.

Willock signed a two year deal with the Spireites last August. He had a previous loan spell at Kettering Town, which began in October. He returned to the Proact the following month after suffering an injury. He goes straight in to the side for tomorrows game against Rushall Olympic." From Matlock's website.

He played for them on Saturday in a 1-0 defeat.

I didn't see this on our website. I still can't. His status doesn't show as on loan.

I suppose Bob's bitches are up on it. Ridiculous of me to expect our website to be informative.
Nathan Smith released by Yeovil. I wish the next line was signed by Chesterfield .........

Jon Nolan scored the winner in the play-offs for Shrewsbury.
Aaron Chapman offered new contract by Accrington.

Jordan Burrow leaves Gateshead for York City.
Aaron Chapman signed for Peterborough on a 2 year deal. Shame we never kept him but it just goes to show how good Tommy Lee was.

It shows that we never looked to the future. I was a fan of Tommy Lee but I kept saying we had to make a decision about Tommy's future and what to do with Aaron. We NEVER played him. We knew Tommy was fragile as regards injuries. But we never broached the question. Now we've got Steve Evans telling us what a commanding keeper he is and how important he was in Stanley's promotion. We really do deserve what has happened to us.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »