Thread Rating:
Former Spireite signs for.....
(05-02-2018, 17:21)Devongone Wrote: Jacob Hazel still at Frickley, despite our lack of goals scored a hat trick on Saturday. Go to the Evo Stick League website if you want to see an interview with him.

He has scored 32 goals so far. That is truly impressive.

That is pretty good, always found it odd we let him go.
CHESTERFIELD PREDICTION LEAGUE WINNER 2015/2016

More to Football than the Premier League and SKY
I'd have thought we could've gambled on a contract for him in the window as we seem to have problems scoring goals, but we seem more interested in picking up Wright's Barnsley waifs and strays.
Ebanks-Blake been released by AFC Telford.

(06-02-2018, 19:25)spireitematt Wrote: Ebanks-Blake been released by AFC Telford.

Big surprise - not
Big Bore Exhaust = Small Dick
I'm convinced he simply can't play the game as he did for Wolves and Plymouth. He never was a worker ant but he got over 50 in two seasons in the Championship ..... so he had something once. He definitely did try for a while to up his work-rate with us, but that wasn't his game. It didn't make him the player he'd been, or perhaps the player he'd like to be.

I don't think he likes being third, fourth or fifth-rate. I think he could starve himself into anorexia and run non-stop for ninety and he still wouldn't re-discover Sylvan Ebanks-Blake. I used to be very critical of him. I was unjust.
John Sheridan got job at Fleetwood

They're used to being yelled at by fishwives ........

Don't see how he fits with their policy of scouting non-leaguers, developing them and selling to reinvest in the club. Maybe he's a fear-of-the-drop impulse. Seems like painting a target for the clubs below them to overtake, but hey I'm often wrong. He saved Oldham, but didn't have a clue how to save us.
Byron Harrison is on loan at Sutton Utd. Scored on Saturday. We may be able to wave to him on the way down.
(26-02-2018, 14:13)Devongone Wrote: Byron Harrison is on loan at Sutton Utd. Scored on Saturday. We may be able to wave to him on the way down.

Never knew why we got rid of Byron Harrison, he is the type of player we could do with now.

"Barnet Football Club can this afternoon confirm the arrival of Matthew Briggs on a non-contract basis. 10/0318

Left back Matthew Briggs arrives at The Hive London and has widened the clubs options and increased our squad depth.

Matthew Briggs started his career in the Fulham youth setup. He made his Premier League debut aged just 16 years, 65 days making him the youngest ever player to play in England’s top flight."

Came on as sub' against Port Vale on Tuesday.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »