Thread Rating:
The Owls v Carlos FAC 5th Rd Match Thread
The Joao chance,the ball hit a defender and took it away from him.
Nothing changes,again.
i thought reachs final touch today at times was poor wash?
Happy with the overall performance, we really tried. There's just no sting in the tail anymore.
"The opinion of 10,000 men is of no value if none of them know anything about the subject." Marcus Aurelius
Can’t fault that performance, could have won it by scoring early when we were on top or snatching it at the end with that late chance!!! Neither team needs a replay, but its far worse for them than it is for us!!! As Imre said I wish we could have been more positive by playing two strikers but I get hwy he rested Joao, maybe should have played Rhodes?? Dawson, Pudil and Venancio were solid, as was Hunt. Fox got caught a few times but did ok. Midfield was all about Reach and Boyd, nearly everything went through them, Jones did what he does, just protect the defence and Butterfield was anonymous!! Up top Wallace tried but he isn’t good enough anymore. Nuhiu worked hard all day as he does but didn’t have the support and he isn’t really capable of creating his own chances when surrounded by defenders!!

Positive result and performance and should again give us confidence for the league games.
Statesideowl and Washington like this post
We played well today but worse possible outcome.

Oh good. Now we'll tire our best players out for another 90 mins in a competition we can't win.

Why don't we do the full deal...take the replay into ET and have the penalty kick fiasco.

Then, with what's left of our team re-join the relegation battle. Let's see, if Joao and Reach pull injuries that leaves us with...............

Doh Doh Doh Doh Doh Doh
"God Save the King."
(17-02-2018, 16:26)Daffodils on the piano Wrote: The Joao chance,the ball hit a defender and took it away from him.

It was almost a perfect ball from Reach and a tap in for Joao but the defender did well just to get a touch and stop us scoring!!

(17-02-2018, 16:30)peiowl Wrote: We played well today but worse possible outcome.

Oh good. Now we'll tire our best players out for another 90 mins in a competition we can't win.

Why don't we do the full deal...take the replay into ET and have the penalty kick fiasco.

Then, with what's left of our team re-join the relegation battle. Let's see, if Joao and Reach pull injuries that leaves us with...............

Doh  Doh  Doh  Doh  Doh  Doh

Can’t agree, this game should give us confidence and our next league game will see 4 or 5 changes from todays team anyway. Swansea have been on a good run but a couple of bad PL results for them will see Carlos panic and he will play a total reserve side in the replay to save his first team, we can then play our first team and go for it. We need games to get fit and for Jos to see what we have while we wait for our first team to get free of injuries. Lets remember, I will bet that in a months time we have a totally different team to this one bar three or four players as we get players back. So for now, another game shouldn’t be a problem and brings in some revenue!!
Washington likes this post
I know I'm the only one that sees it the way I do but I'll feel much better once our point total is over the 40 mark en route to 50. I maintain we are still vulnerable. If Joao and/or Reach were to get injured in one of these cup games, we'd be in dire straits. I hope you are all right and we can mount a credible cup challenge plus secure our status in the table and that's the truth of it.
"God Save the King."
(17-02-2018, 16:28)Imre varadi Wrote: i thought reachs final touch today at times was poor wash?

Agree on that some of the time but he was all over the pitch today and is looking much better under Jos than he did with Carlos.
peiowl likes this post
(17-02-2018, 16:44)peiowl Wrote: I know I'm the only one that sees it the way I do but I'll feel much better once our point total is over the 40 mark en route to 50. I maintain we are still vulnerable. If Joao and/or Reach were to get injured in one of these cup games, we'd be in dire straits. I hope you are all right and we can mount a credible cup challenge plus secure our status in the table and that's the truth of it.

I think we all know we are still too close to the bottom but we need three wins I reckon to stay up and we are good enough to do that with a cup run as well. To be fair at the moment we don’t have any players playing for us that are vital to the team that much - not even Reach or Joao!! Our injuries are crippling but so far the youngsters are stepping up. We made about 6 changes to the team that beat Derby today and had two new youngsters on the bench for the day and I expect we will make 5 or 6 changes to this team for the Millwall game.

We are starting to get a few players close to coming back, Lees and Abdi are training fully, Hooper and Bannan are not far behind by all accounts and by the end of March I am sure we will have Forestieri back as well. Having a game or two postponed due to a cup run might actually play into our hands if we can get these players back in time for the rearranged fixture - hows that for a silver lining, glass half full comment???
peiowl likes this post
Decent performance today. Pudil, Nuhiu, Jones, Venancio, Reach all put in a performance.
Not bad for a team with 10 first teamers injured and 3 of the young lads cup tied.
Nothing great will ever be achieved without great men, and men are great only if they are determined to be so. For glory gives herself only to those who have always dreamed of her.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »