Thread Rating:
The Owls v Derby SBC Match Thread
(14-02-2018, 02:01)Imre varadi Wrote: Maybe he didnt have an option with palmer as Hunt isnt fit still as we saw tonight and hes been easing him back in hopefully ? but Fox shouldnt have played whatever the injury crisis !! Reach should have played there or pudil when nielson thorniley ogrady stobbs and clare were all available to cover other positions !!
And Rhodes is done for i think unless we play 3 upfront which isnt an option at the moment ! and when it is hes not going to get picked over fessi hooper or joao now and maybe winnall plus bob and flecther to deal with ???? i think we should cut our losses i dont see the point in having him ?

and please dont ever right again ... just highlighting two of the comments you sound like my boss ffs  Laugh  unless youre going to pay me that is  Whistle

It saved me reposting all of your ramblings!!! It actually meant I agreed with the rest and that kindness should be compensation enough for you!!!!
He cant leave now as the tranfer window is shut ! but surely at the start of the season someone has to sit down and get rid of a shitload of dogshit to back the math up ?
(14-02-2018, 02:13)Imre varadi Wrote: He cant leave now as the tranfer window is shut ! but surely at the start of the season someone has to sit down and get rid of a shitload of dogshit to back the math up ?

I think the Rhodes situation is probably unique as he was the one player we paid a lot for. If its true we paid 8m for him and gave him a 4 year contract, then 2m + his wages go against our FFP for this season, then another 2m next season and so on through his contract. If we sell him in the summer, then the whole of the 8m will go against our FFP for this season and that increase of 6m against our spending that is left on his contract is likely to push us over the edge.

You are right though that we have plenty of others that we should be looking to offload this summer and if we replace them with U23s then nothing goes against FFP, so replacing Loovens for Thorniley for example will help us with FFP and we should be looking to do at least that whenever we can.
Statesideowl likes this post
well im happy to give the 5 u23s a squad number next year i think they deserve it no matter what happens with the rest of the season i think since Jos has taken over they and him have got the club out of a rutt and also showed the way which is hopefully the door to alot of dogshits !! give these five a squad number an start bringing more u23s through aswell !!
BML Update:

Stateside wins a Smartass for the predictions

Pei wins a Smartass for the attendance

BML Updated
Statesideowl and peiowl like this post
Nothing great will ever be achieved without great men, and men are great only if they are determined to be so. For glory gives herself only to those who have always dreamed of her.
It seems to be the only way forward now after bloating the squad with overpriced and overpaid dog shit.
Phase the worthless out, even if they're still on payroll for a while, don't play them and let them watch a kid play in their position.

The Abdi situation really pisses me off, his contract should be shredded, but that's the problem these days. Most players have no incentive to perform as they're going to get their money regardless of how much they give a shit, and the PFA, which is basically a group of lawyers as footballers have become so rich they can pay a tithe to, protect players such as this as they bleed Clubs out.

Carlos blew it big time, the wrong signings were made and we blew our one chance to get up quickly.. Now we have to clear out, blood youngsters and wait for cash flow to become free. The ineptitude is gobsmacking, and I'm starting to resent some of the players again, and the nameless administrative paper shufflers.
Imre varadi likes this post
"The opinion of 10,000 men is of no value if none of them know anything about the subject." Marcus Aurelius
A documentary is being made about our club, released later this year online, this is a trailer:

Maddix and Imre varadi like this post
Nothing great will ever be achieved without great men, and men are great only if they are determined to be so. For glory gives herself only to those who have always dreamed of her.
A bit of a shit attendance last night. I would have thought Debris would have brought a lot more given their position in the league and the relatively short distance. We'd have packed out their place if the positions were reversed.
and complicated
(14-02-2018, 23:35)Maddix Wrote: A bit of a shit attendance last night. I would have thought Debris would have brought a lot more given their position in the league and the relatively short distance. We'd have packed out their place if the positions were reversed.

Perhaps Tuesday night is 'grab a sheep night' Whistle Whistle and to be PC these days ' grab a ram too'
At 40 quid a ticket we are never going to fill that away end ever again unless its Big game ? cant see Swansea bringing more than a few thousand either ?
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »