Thread Rating:
European Union Referendum - In or Out??
"IF" The keyword you left aside there.

It's the UK that wants a transition deal, the EU is ready to offer that deal under the proviso the UK obeys by the rules until the transition deal expires, the UK is free to sign the transition deal but once it signs it, its contractually bound to uphold and fulfil the rules of that agreement or face penalties. Same as if you break the conditions of a WTO deal.

Its not really "the eu ARE going to punish Britain" is it ? Unless we break the terms of our agreement.... like anything in life.
(07-02-2018, 18:25)hibeejim21 Wrote: Its not really "the eu ARE going to punish Britain" is it ? Unless we break the terms of our agreement.... like anything in life.

To be fair I think they would like to. The EU want to make an example of us so it will deter any other of the 27 countries from leaving the union.

I'm very glad Britain are not in the single currency because all signs are now pointing to another global economic crisis.
CHESTERFIELD PREDICTION LEAGUE WINNER 2015/2016

More to Football than the Premier League and SKY
(07-02-2018, 14:43)0762 Wrote: https://uk.reuters.com/article/uk-britai...KKBN1FQ1CF

I wanna see much more of these kinda detrimental effects of brexit on the well-being of the country! IMO the more, the better, and there will be lotsa them - it is high time that many people within the UK population were given a severe 'reality check' of the extreme effects of brexit!!! I compare it to 'sleepwalking' into a nightmare scenario by shameless people some of whom should be lynched for the shit that has been uttered re leaving the EU. Accept openly that brexit was driven by a toxic irrational fear of the EU, ramped up by the 'gutter press' for decades prior to Cameron's 'trip' on the crack in the pavement!! Accept that the only thing these brexiteers care about is teaching Johnny foreigner a lesson down south and pretending we are living in a 1950s gawd luvem comedy. I am an exhausted remainer but even I would prefer we 'called a spade a spade', call a racist a racist, call xenophobia as it is, and self-harm as stupidity and stop pretending it is anything else!!! And as for that irritating quote of 'respecting the will of the British people' - politicians of all persuasions now 'spout it off' when in a stuck position! If we can just openly accept that this comment means being xenophobic and racist to the nth degree, regardless of damage to Britain's socio-economic or trading, then at least we'd all know where we stood and a negotiating progress would follow swiftly.

Faisal Islam
@faisalislam
32m32 minutes ago
NEW:
Leaked internal Government Brexit assessment shows No Deal economic hit to Northern Ireland at 12% over next decade and a half.

North East England at 16%. 11% even with comprehensive EU trade deal - Sky sources -

(07-02-2018, 18:53)spireitematt Wrote:
(07-02-2018, 18:25)hibeejim21 Wrote: Its not really "the eu ARE going to punish Britain" is it ? Unless we break the terms of our agreement.... like anything in life.

To be fair I think they would like to. The EU want to make an example of us so it will deter any other of the 27 countries from leaving the union.

I'm very glad Britain are not in the single currency because all signs are now pointing to another global economic crisis.

Yeah and we are truly on the way to being the land of milk and honey.
(07-02-2018, 18:57)hibeejim21 Wrote:
(07-02-2018, 14:43)0762 Wrote: https://uk.reuters.com/article/uk-britai...KKBN1FQ1CF

I wanna see much more of these kinda detrimental effects of brexit on the well-being of the country! IMO the more, the better, and there will be lotsa them - it is high time that many people within the UK population were given a severe 'reality check' of the extreme effects of brexit!!! I compare it to 'sleepwalking' into a nightmare scenario by shameless people some of whom should be lynched for the shit that has been uttered re leaving the EU. Accept openly that brexit was driven by a toxic irrational fear of the EU, ramped up by the 'gutter press' for decades prior to Cameron's 'trip' on the crack in the pavement!! Accept that the only thing these brexiteers care about is teaching Johnny foreigner a lesson down south and pretending we are living in a 1950s gawd luvem comedy. I am an exhausted remainer but even I would prefer we 'called a spade a spade', call a racist a racist, call xenophobia as it is, and self-harm as stupidity and stop pretending it is anything else!!! And as for that irritating quote of 'respecting the will of the British people' - politicians of all persuasions now 'spout it off' when in a stuck position! If we can just openly accept that this comment means being xenophobic and racist to the nth degree, regardless of damage to Britain's socio-economic or trading, then at least we'd all know where we stood and a negotiating progress would follow swiftly.

Faisal Islam
@faisalislam
32m32 minutes ago
NEW:
Leaked internal Government Brexit assessment shows No Deal economic hit to Northern Ireland at 12% over next decade and a half.

North East England at 16%. 11% even with comprehensive EU trade deal - Sky sources -

Just seen the statistics. London is the only part of the UK who will actually profit from Brexit if we leave with No deal.

(07-02-2018, 19:21)spireitematt Wrote:

Faisal Islam
@faisalislam
32m32 minutes ago
NEW:

Just seen the statistics. London is the only part of the UK who will actually profit from Brexit if we leave with No deal.

Shockafuckingrama. That's because the vultures from china,middle east and US will need financial services, they are not going to have big enough swag bags to carry their loot.

The rest of us are heading toward very deep shit indeed.
(07-02-2018, 19:34)hibeejim21 Wrote:

Faisal Islam
@faisalislam
32m32 minutes ago
NEW:

Shockafuckingrama. That's because the vultures from china,middle east and US will need financial services, they are not going to have big enough swag bags to carry their loot.

Also if we stay in the EU the NHS could be at risk from TTIP but if we leave it could also be at risk in a UK-US free trade deal.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-42977967
Also notice that the civil servants, who produced this latest impact data/assessments on all regions of the UK, being 'targeted' and accused of trying to sabotage the EU withdrawal bill by various brexiteers - a case of them 'not liking the message', so 'shoot the messenger' eh!! Here's a classic retort from Lord Turnbull to this verbal attack - Brexiteers who blame civil servants of sabotage and 'fiddling the books' are using tactics akin to those adopted by right-wing German nationalists in the 1930s!! Well said together with Lord O'Donnell's verbal salvo: 'Of course, if you are selling snake oil, you don't like the idea of of experts testing your products'!! Touche!!
(07-02-2018, 19:41)spireitematt Wrote:

Faisal Islam
@faisalislam
32m32 minutes ago
NEW:

Also if we stay in the EU the NHS could be at risk from TTIP but if we leave it could also be at risk in a UK-US free trade deal.

Laugh

The european commission were including provisions to leave 'services in the exercise of government authority' like the NHS out of any potential deal.... and it would have had to be ratified by parliament anyway. I guess we will see if that continues with a UK-US free trade deal, but i doubt it very much, trumps already getting all excited about his mates sorting out our failed (deliberately run down) universal health care system.
(08-02-2018, 01:42)hibeejim21 Wrote:
(07-02-2018, 19:41)spireitematt Wrote:
(07-02-2018, 18:57)hibeejim21 Wrote: Faisal Islam
@faisalislam
32m32 minutes ago
NEW:

Laugh

The european commission were including provisions to leave 'services in the exercise of government authority' like the NHS out of any potential deal.... and it would have had to be ratified by parliament anyway.  I guess we will see if that continues with a UK-US free trade deal, but i doubt it very much, trumps already getting all excited about his mates sorting out our failed (deliberately run down) universal health care system.

I don't trust the EU, Tories or most politicians or parties.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2018...it-eu-says
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »