Thread Rating:
European Union Referendum - In or Out??
The proposed transition that M.Barnier rightly wants to limit in length must be the only transition ever in which things are intended to stay the same. I'm not sure how I become more or less ready to brexit once I've done transitioning, or how I will even know I've done ........... as nothing is going to change. Apparently I should be happy I'm not falling off a cliff edge, though nobody has explained to me why they were so convinced I would.

Cliffs and edges have become enormously popular, though surprisingly their nature and location has remained both nebulous and yet movable. Given Mrs May's extraordinary clarity of vision - being clear on almost everything every time she opens her mouth - this is slightly disturbing.
May's response to corbyns question about the number of children living in temporary accommodation made my blood boil. She arrogantly said something like "let's remember that being in poverty or being in temporary accommodation doesn't mean they are homeless and living on the streets" She truly is a vile individual.

But i digress.

It's good to know that TM thinks she has so much power over the EU27 that SHE can delay something that is set in EU law and, whilst the 27 could delay it if they all want to (why the xxxx would they?), the leaving country has a set 2years from the date of submitting the A50 notification.
She'll probably nip down to the south coast over the xmas period to try her hand at the Canute trick. She has completely lost the plot.
Never rated her Jim, a 'back door PM' who picked up the post as a result of brexit and was the popular pick of a bad bunch of very lightweight Tory MPs - a poor leader in a UK govt that IMO should not be in charge of this country!! Thumb down I notice Damian Green is the latest cabinet minister to 'fall on his sword' after the Tory media tried so hard to shamelessly demonise his accusers and deflect attention away from his faux pas!!! That is May's 3rd cabinet minister gone since last November and there must be lotsa Euro observers (and Scottish ones) chuckling at the consistent embarrassing antics of this UK Tory govt.
I can understand Mrs May's position on homelessness. In a world in which you can have a job with no hours, having nowhere to live without being homeless is a manageable concept.

I think she would be upset if actually confronted by a family forced into a one-room bed and breakfast by benefit changes. As an ordinary MP she'd even be trying to help.

The irony is that people in her position refuse to see that they are creating what they are being asked to witness. Show Donald Trump a North Korean girl with her skin crozzled like bacon in a firestorm & he'll weep real tears on TV, but he'd still drop that bomb ........ I don't get this human capacity to divorce ourselves from the consequences of our actions. I can see it allows us not to permanently mourn the animal we slaughter to eat, but ultimately it allows Hitler to be kind to dogs and sit children on his knee, whilst the smoke from the ovens is darkening the sky ...........

When Mrs May next meets up with the Archbishop, perhaps it is an issue to which he could direct her thoughts.

Unlike me she believes in God. If for once she's right, I hope He's a bolshie God; first question at the Pearly Gates, "What the fkkk did you do for the homeless TM, we've got quite a few of them in here & they've got an eternity of questions ........"
Believing in god as well!!!??? The same as that other past 'hypocrite', Thatcher - every Sunday walking in to her COE church with Dennis on her arm and with a clear conscience!!! Throw in Bliar as well - the converted RC, post Iraq war!! Thumb down I won't get started on this as the smoke is billowing from my ears in utter despair when I watch professed 'Christians' like this insincere trio of chancers presenting this false image of reality and real conviction towards proper Christian values!!
Looking at Best for Britain summation of Davis' claim of a detailed impact assessment of 58 various industries - the CE of the Best for Britain campaign, Eloise Todd, recently commented the reports were "useless and shoddy" work that a teenager would not be proud of! A masterclass in copy and paste! Brexiteers? Masters of deception and not very good at it!! Rolleyes
Germans may have 2.8% growth and membership of the world’s largest trading bloc but we will have BLUE PASSPORTS! Bluer than damien greens hard drive

GIRFUY Fritz!
Strange that when you add a K to the end of BLOC it makes even more sense, considering the number of countries outside and the years it takes to negotiate with those inside.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-42514117
It's good to see this latest criticism from Adonis and this must be continually pressed with the proper reasoning attached to it and against extremists!
What a shambolic recent cabinet reshuffle by a very weak UK PM, Theresa May! We had a new Tory Chairman instilled for about 40 secs when he was even congratulated by various colleagues and other ministerial changes suddenly retracted because the 'affected parties' effectively told her to f### off and leave my post alone. This is a PM who has confirmed she is a prisoner of hardline brexiteers within her own political party who now hold power in the government! Her Tory party is split and she should have resigned in June - what a total shambles and it does not augur well for the final brexit deal either. I'm sure many people like myself now realise that a final referendum re brexit will be irresistible now that the true facts are unfolding and the role of RW tory hardliners, and others like Farage, is damning confirmation that 'the country must have the final say' in the true name of democracy.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »