Thread Rating:
Thread to talk about football and wednesday in general
I think we will piss this group at least 7pts if we can find a way to win against a bus in the first game Doh Panama will play football so there fucked 3pts and Belguim are nothing to worry about as they look at us like we do zee germans Whistle but like as ever we will have to get over our fear off pens to keep advancing as after the group games its nothing but draws Doh
The chairman has commented on the George Hirst situation:

https://www.swfc.co.uk/news/2017/decembe...--part-13/

Interesting that it was his "advisers" that turned down the contract offer.

And for those interested, the FA Cup 3rd Round Draw takes place tonight, we are No. 35.

Bannan has been voted November POTM.
Nothing great will ever be achieved without great men, and men are great only if they are determined to be so. For glory gives herself only to those who have always dreamed of her.
(04-12-2017, 16:01)Owlkev71 Wrote: The chairman has commented on the George Hirst situation:

https://www.swfc.co.uk/news/2017/decembe...--part-13/

Interesting that it was his "advisers" that turned down the contract offer.

And for those interested, the FA Cup 3rd Round Draw takes place tonight, we are No. 35.

Bannan has been voted November POTM.

This was another key statement too

The whole situation involving George’s advisors has been disruptive, as was another party close to George who used unacceptable foul and abusive language to a senior member of our academy staff.

Wonder who 'another party' was Whistle Whistle Whistle
I stand by what I said earlier on the George Hirst subject, the club have done all they can to keep him and give him a path to the first team but he is being advised badly imo!! I wish we could keep him and see him develop into a first team regular and even the club are still trying to work something out, but his agent/advisors seem to be stopping everything now. I can see him being sold in January for a few million, probably to a lower half prem team and then we will see him being loaned out to League 1 - just as we hoped to do! This is all about money and all about a player trying to get the big payout as soon as he can - if he is good enough in time that payout will arrive in abundance and rather than holding the club to ransom he should have got on with his career!!
Washington likes this post
Sheffield Wednesday are away at Gillingham or Carlisle in the 3rd round.
Nothing great will ever be achieved without great men, and men are great only if they are determined to be so. For glory gives herself only to those who have always dreamed of her.
(04-12-2017, 21:22)Owlkev71 Wrote: Sheffield Wednesday are away at Gillingham or Carlisle in the 3rd round.

Might sound daft but I have a wedding that weekend and I was hoping it would be an away tie so that I wouldn't be tempted to want to go while I am in the UK!!!

And we were the last team out of the bag, not sure if we have ever had that honour??
I wonder how Carlos will big those two up and put the fear of God into his own players about the might of the opposition Huh
and complicated
last time we played at Gillingham in the cup we lost 4-1 !! good who gives a xxxx ? or should we now give a xxxx because the seasons over in the league Doh
Bannan POTM a good call. He's a very good midfielder. Can't think of a better choice.
"God Save the King."
I'd actually consider going to Gillingham away Thumb up Faversham brewery, Dover castle, a quick hop to Calais for some beer and fags Thumb up Don't know if I'd bother fitting the game in though Laugh

(05-12-2017, 00:24)peiowl Wrote: Bannan POTM a good call. He's a very good midfielder. Can't think of a better choice.

That was for November before you have a stroke Doh
and complicated
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »