Thread Rating:
ICC Champions Trophy 2017
Tomorrow all eyes are on the Oval, where India face South Africa in an all-or-nothing head-to-head to decide who goes through to face (in all likelihood) Bangladesh in Thursday's semi. Forecast is cloudy, but no apparent chance of rain. Should be a cracker.
"I would rather spend a holiday in Tuscany than in the Black Country, but if I were compelled to choose between living in West Bromwich or Florence, I should make straight for West Bromwich." - J.B. Priestley
India win the toss at the Oval and put South Africa in to bat.
"I would rather spend a holiday in Tuscany than in the Black Country, but if I were compelled to choose between living in West Bromwich or Florence, I should make straight for West Bromwich." - J.B. Priestley
South Africa falling apart at the crease. 159-5 off thirty-four overs; they'll need their tail-end to pile on the runs and their bowling attack to absolutely bulldoze India if they're to progress from here.
South Africa 191 all out, some absolute comedy run-outs. India need 192 to make the semi-finals, and it's going to take a miracle to stop them.
India stroll to an eight-wicket victory with a dozen overs to spare. In all probability, they'll be facing Bangladesh at Edgbaston on Thursday. Tomorrow it all comes down to Sri Lanka vs Pakistan at Cardiff to see who will be England's likely opponents.
Pakistan win the toss at Cardiff and put Sri Lanka in to bat.

The overwhelming likelihood is that the winner of this will face England on Wednesday. It's basically impossible for Pakistan to better India's net run-rate; not quite so impossible for Sri Lanka to do so, but they'd need to score 425-5 and bowl out Pakistan for 126.
Sri Lanka struggling
Have you heard about the news on Mizar 5
People got to shout to stay alive

Complete and total middle-order collapse left Sri Lanka with too much to do, though credit to Pakistan for shifting through the gears with their bowling. Some proper Wasim Akram swingers flying in there during the middle overs. Sri Lanka 236 all out with four balls to spare, and you have to say this is Pakistan's to lose now.
This is turning into an absolute corker. Pakistan now 111-4 after twenty overs, and the ball's gripping the pitch, spinning and seaming all over the shop. Another couple of wickets before they reach 160ish and Sri Lanka will start believing. Game on.

Fifth wicket gone! Malik gloves a slower ball from Malinga behind to Dickwella. 132-5 after twenty-five overs. On a knife edge. Pakistan either get a partnership together now or they're finished.

Sixth wicket gone! Imad edges one behind, and Sri Lanka are suddenly looking the favourites. Sarfaraz and Ashraf at the crease for Pakistan, and they're now swinging at everything to try and smash their way to victory. 157-6 off twenty-eight overs, Pakistan need 80 more off 132 balls.

Seventh wicket gone! Astonishing run-out as Thisara deflects a simple defended ball onto the stumps at the non-striker's end, and Faheem is too slow in backing up. His bat's in the crease but half an inch off the ground as the bails come off. Unbelievable.

162-7, Mohammed Amir the new man, Pakistan need 75 off twenty overs.
Both Sarfaraz and Amir have been dropped. Sri Lanka slowly throwing this away...

And now a piss-poor misfield gives Pakistan four byes. They've already gifted them four overthrows in the last few overs. Sri Lanka have absolutely bottled it.

And that's that. Pakistan win by three wickets with five overs to spare, and will face England in the semi-finals on Wednesday. Sri Lanka only have themselves to blame after some awful, awful fielding at the death.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »