Thread Rating:
ICC Champions Trophy 2017
At the risk of jinxing it, Hales and Root have got things ticking over nicely here. A half-century apiece, keeping up with the run-rate without taking risks, and all looks pretty comfortable. Just need to be careful not to make the same mistake as Bangladesh and start throwing wickets away when the time comes to accelerate.

Halfway through the innings, England 138-1.

And sure enough, England throw a wicket away. Five off a century, Hales holes out to Sunzamul.

Eoin Morgan in, England 165-2 with twenty-two overs remaining.
"I would rather spend a holiday in Tuscany than in the Black Country, but if I were compelled to choose between living in West Bromwich or Florence, I should make straight for West Bromwich." - J.B. Priestley
Roooooooooooooot
[Image: 2ZJuVRk.gif]
Morgan gets a fifty and Root a century. Between them they've set a new record third-wicket ODI partnership against Bangladesh, beating the 80 from Collingwood and Bell at Trent Bridge in 2010. It's a walk in the park for England, and Bangladesh need a miracle from here.

263-2, 43 needed off 36 balls.
"I would rather spend a holiday in Tuscany than in the Black Country, but if I were compelled to choose between living in West Bromwich or Florence, I should make straight for West Bromwich." - J.B. Priestley
Got 2/7 on easy money

Eight wicket win, Jason Roy 1 oops
Have you heard about the news on Mizar 5
People got to shout to stay alive

All over: England win by 8 wickets with sixteen balls to spare. Joe Root's 133 not out is his best-ever innings in an ODI, and also the highest score by an England player in the Champions Trophy. First time in the history of the tournament that a team has successfully chased down a 300+ score too, but I expect that will be equalled and surpassed a fair few times in the coming weeks.

England do need to have a rethink on the bowling front as they struggled for wickets before Bangladesh got adventurous, but overall this is a good solid win to get the ball rolling.

Australia vs New Zealand up tomorrow at Edgbaston.
Good start to the series. Didn't see much of it but managed to see the winning runs.
Chris Woakes ruled out for the remainder of the tournament, as expected. Some thinking to do for England.

At Edgbaston, New Zealand have won the toss and elected to bat.
That's a shame. Is Stokes fit enough to bowl?

Typical Edgbaston. Rain again. You seem to get more rain down there than Old Trafford.
Well Old Trafford is attached to the Gulf Stream obviously
Have you heard about the news on Mizar 5
People got to shout to stay alive

(02-06-2017, 13:36)Lord Snooty Wrote: That's a shame. Is Stokes fit enough to bowl?

He managed seven overs against Bangladesh, but I suspect there's a reluctance to push him too far too soon. England are entitled to call up a replacement (Finn, Roland-Jones or Broad most likely), and there's also the option of David Willey already in the squad. Will be a big miss though, nevertheless.

At Edgbaston, now the rain's finally cleared, New Zealand have been bowled out for 291. Australia chasing 292 off forty-six overs.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »