Thread Rating:
WolverWolverhampton Wanderers @ Molineaux 7/5/2017
Here we go for one more time the last one of another season which is almost at an end, once more for the final time downthe ever unlovely M6 at 9am on a Sunday morning hopefully there will no no congestion but won't hold my breath.
Wanderers have had a disappointing season after being taken over by Chinese ownership last summer, made the strange appointment of Walter Zenga as manager before realising their mistake and replacing him with the jovial Paul Lmbert.
They have not won in their last three games failing to score in the last two at home, last time out got bopped at Derby also had Cavaleiro sent off for using his head literally. Accoding to news sources Helder and Ikeme are out injured but Lonergan and Doherty are both available.
Their Under 23 side has reached the play offs which has made me so excited I cannot contain myself.
They spent £15 million on Helder and despite that will finish below us in the table which considering we have spent sod all just goes to show that money isn't everything in football.
Pearson available after suspension not sure how many games Gallagher got for deliberate handball but if it is one game he will be avaiable as well.
Interesting on Sunday to see who isn't available or not picked. As for result we seem to have given up wanting to win since the beginning of April so I'll go for a Wolves win.
Have you heard about the news on Mizar 5
People got to shout to stay alive

You haven't seen Wolves play recently have you maclad? They gave up trying to win well before Easter. Laugh
themaclad likes this post
A guide to cask ale.

[Image: aO7W3pZ.png]

Multi-tasking. I can listen, ignore and forget all at the same time.
It all adds up to a classic

Yup 0-0 with the ball never leaving the centre circle.
A guide to cask ale.

Costing 30 notes for the privilege as well bobbing rastards

Charged us the same
A guide to cask ale.

On the stroke of half time came an moment which summed up North End's football since the hammering of Bristol City, keeper Maxwell has the ballin the centre of his own half with everybody in front of his his clearence rocks into the home supporter having disappeared over long leg for six, a classic fail.
In the end Wanderers won 1 nil it could have and should have been more as the home side seemed to find ways of not scoring, the one they did get was in the first minute when North End failed to deal with a corner and Baath headed ome at the back post, they had a few orners early on all lobbed in under the bar, wonder if they have sussed out Maxwell's slight vulnerability to a ball crossed in from the wings.
Graham down the left was giving Browning a torrid time, created danger every time he got the ball in the box. After the intial onslaught the game slowed down a bit and started to make a minmal impact on it, a May shot went wide and a free kick from a useful position was put way over the bar by Gallagher.
Some unbelievably shocking defending in the first fifteen minutes saw Wolves hit the post, twice shot wide from great position and were denied by Maxwell twice, being swamped at that time but a few personal changes stemmed the tide only just though. The game started to drift as player began to smell the sun tan lotion, Horgan had a chance late on which was well saved by Burgoyne but to be honest they were never really troubled.
And with the sun shining down the season ended with us 11th one place above Aston Villa who spent $0 plus million on players this season.

Sadly local neighbours Blackburn were relegated Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

Wolverhampton Wanderers 1 Preston North End 0 Att 20100

Wolves head coach Paul Lambert:

"I have been successful on a lot of fronts - as a player I was successful in Europe, I played in two European finals, I played in the World Cup and I won the biggest honour in club football (the Champions League with Borussia Dortmund), so I know what success is.

"I want the club to have success and to have a fighting chance that you have something to play for towards the end of the season.

"If we can get the consistency levels and get some lads in to help the current group then this could be an unbelievable club.

"If we can get that help then this club has a great chance and the work starts now to make this club the best it can be."

Preston manager Simon Grayson:

"Obviously, we are disappointed with the way that the season has panned out. But you've got to look at the bigger picture.

"I am immensely proud of the players with what they have done this season. If someone had said we would finish the season above Aston Villa we would have taken that.

"We have finished above a lot of teams who have got bigger resources, so I don't want the last month to cloud what has been a really good season.

"The players have just run out of steam that they have had for 90% of the season."

So did we disrespect the mid table or not today. Just checking because we made another shit load of changes
A guide to cask ale.

Pie was good though

(07-05-2017, 19:30)theo_luddite Wrote: So did we disrespect the mid table or not today. Just checking because we made another shit load of changes
If Cardiff had won 6-0 then they would have gone above us they didn't so they didn't

« Next Oldest | Next Newest »