Thread Rating:
Rangers FC - International Call-Ups
This thread is to cover international call-ups of Rangers players and the matches those Rangers players are involved in.

Start with Lewis Macleod, called-up today {04/11/2014} for Scotland's games against Ireland (ROI) and England.

Rangers FC - Lewis In Scotland ‘A’ Squad

Skysports - Lewis Macleod named in Scotland squad after impressing for Rangers

European Championship Qualifying - Group D : Scotland v Ireland (ROI), Friday 14/11/2014, KO 19:45 hours.

International Friendlies : Scotland v England, Tuesday 18/11/2014, KO 20:00 hours.
AVFC RFC SAFC
Great News for Lewis, even if he dosent play nice to get talented young players training with the full squad, Strachan isnt a mug he can see good young talent
Aye, it'll be good experience for the Young MacLeod. I don't expect him to play in either match, it seems to be a tactic of Strachan's to introduce young talent to the senior squad early.

Been quite funny reading the reaction to his call up on twitter. Some seriously bitter haters out there. ?
Oh definitely, the usual only getting called up because he plays for Rangers and selection of Championship players-I`m pretty sure Leigh Griffiths got a call when he wasnt playing in the top flight when at Dundee
If you regard a call up for a B squad as counting.

Young boy deserves a call up he's miles the best player at Rangers,still think Wallace is being shafted though.
Think its the Scots and English leagues that need the B internationals, thoroughly agree with Macleod`s inclusion, will be good to ascertain his attitude and training working with the national squad but moving some players via the B squad is often better than setting them up for a fall-How many players suddenly get thrust into an International shirt and look like a rabbit in the headlights or pulled to bits in the tabloids the next day?
To be honest I'm shocked Strachan called him up, purely because of his pretty much stated policy of totally ignoring Rangers players. It's hilarious that anyone's moaning about it being because he plays for us. Andy Pure-Ned's been wailing about in on his celt-zine blog, basically trying to make the case that any remotely decent midfielder at a Premiership club should get a chance ahead of an exceptionally skilled player whose club is in the Championship (or maybe just whose club is Rangers). Isn't that an awful lot like saying it doesn't matter how good you are, the only thing that counts is who you play for? Which is what he was whining about in the first place. Fanny.

I'm happy to see Macleod involved in the setup, and he's progressed through the youth ranks so this is a logical step. I'm in two minds over whether he should play at this stage though, and it'll probably just be a chance for the national coaches to get to work with him and see what he's made of. You need to be careful with pressure though - Kevin McNaughton? It'll be important for the future and we should be doing this with a few more players where possible. We've got a lot of 'average' in the midfield area and the squad wouldn't be much weaker for replacing one or two regulars.
For those without SKY (bookmark the link) :

Wiziwig Stream : Scotland v England 18/11/2014 20:05 to 22:05
AVFC RFC SAFC
It's not on Sky, Larry. ITV/STV are showing it.

Yeah, I know it's unusual - Scotland on the Council telly - but then we should think ourselves lucky that Scotland are caught in the England broadcasting net for this one.

Every England game = Council Telly.
Every Scotland game = Sky TV.

I've got more than a few pals who can't afford satellite, and they've been rightly livid about the inequality of it all, exacerbated of course by STV showing the England games too.

The answer of course, lies with the SFA, who are more than happy to take the Sky pound instead of biting the bullet and going with a national broadcaster that would ensure that every Scotland fan in Scotland could see their national team in action.

Thanks, SFA. You shower of c*nts.
I don't know about the set-up in Scotland, Trus, but the SKY website has the match on HD channels 5 and 1.

Skysports - Scotland v England

P.S. I totally agree that the national team should be on free to view TV, BBC or ITV. *
If a team claims to represent the country, then all of the country should be able to see it on TV.

* - Not entirely free, of course, I have not overlooked the Licence Fee.
AVFC RFC SAFC
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »