Thread Rating:
Middlesbrough vs WBA - Match Thread
[Image: DSC_0228.jpg]

David Mills turns Alan Ramage at Ayresome Park, 28th April 1979

So the transfer window's nearly done, our Saido-masochism is finally at an end, and there's every danger that in the near future, we might actually be able to start paying attention to football again. We'll certainly do our best tomorrow night, as we have our first midweek fixture of 2017, and true to form, the boys and girls at the FA have seen fit to schedule it up in Middlesbrough.

On their first season back in the top flight, Middlesbrough have begun to toil and labour a bit over the course of a long winter and remain winless since Christmas. In all honesty I expect them to survive regardless, but I'm sure they'll feel a lot more comfortable when there's more than four points separating them from the drop, and they'll be looking to add those points come tomorrow. Meanwhile, having dispatched Sunderland with ease, for us it's a question of whether we can keep our momentum going by picking up at least one more point here.

The last time we visited, it ended up being a 5-0 romp with Brunty scoring from the halfway line, so maybe if he fancies it, he can treat us to a timely re-enactment.
BaggieMan and Stairs like this post
"I would rather spend a holiday in Tuscany than in the Black Country, but if I were compelled to choose between living in West Bromwich or Florence, I should make straight for West Bromwich." - J.B. Priestley
If we are able to field a full strength team including the return of Jonny Evans, I think we will get a win and a further three points.

Foster
Dawson  GMac  Evans  Nyom
Fletcher. Yacob
Phillips Morrison Brunt
Rondon

Suspect Livermore will be on the bench unless he drop Mozza.  Doubt it will be a repeat of the 5-0 but would settle for a winning margin of one.

Smile
I was at that 5-0 win and Brunt's goal was a great piece of control. It wasn't quite from the halfway line, but as soon as he sidefooted it, even the Boro goalie knew it was in. I was sat incognito with Boro fans, the only ticket I could get, sitting in among my fellow north-easterners, giving my Geordie accent an airing, and as they left 10 minutes from the end, I shrugged my shoulders and said I might as well stay and see the end. And to cap it all, the Baggies fans behind the goal were taunting the Boro fans and giving them grief, and the Boro fans had to be held back by police. It was a more comprehensive win than the 5-1 at the Custard Bowl. Happy days.
Foster
Dawson - McAuley - Evans - Brunt
Yacob
Phillips - Fletcher - Morrison - Chadli
Rondon

Subs
Myhill
Olsson
Nyom
Livermore
Leko
McLean
Robson-Kanu
If Evans can't play then Dawson in centre of defence, Nyom at right back and Galloway on the bench.
(30-01-2017, 22:40)WBA-Josh Wrote:
Foster
Dawson - McAuley - Evans - Brunt
Yacob
Phillips - Fletcher - Morrison - Chadli
Rondon

Subs
Myhill
Olsson
Nyom
Livermore
Leko
McLean
Robson-Kanu

Pretty sure Evans is unavailable so would assume he'll stick with Dawson and GMac in the centre with Nyom and Brunty as full backs
Evans unlikely to play ! WTF
2x Premier League Champ 1x Championship Winner and World cup Winner
Goaaaallll Jimmy. 0-1

Oh Poo.
Ubique.
Great game for the neutral this tbf, pity we're all albion fans so we're constantly on the verge of a heart attack, there should be more goals in this.
From what I saw, a very spirited performance, and a great game for the neutral.
Start every day off with a smile and get it over with
Should have won this comfortably with all the chances we missed and the woodwork didn't help.
Poor penalty tackle by GMac  - the Boro player was going nowhere and no need to lunge in like GMac did.
Also think it illustrated our need for a natural striker but, c'est la vie....

Confused
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »