Thread Rating:
Without the top 6 !!!
Exclamation 
Who would be top ??????????????

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C22yasOWgAADoLC.jpg
drewks likes this post
2x Premier League Champ 1x Championship Winner and World cup Winner
And we would be in the Premier League as well!!!!
BaggieSteve likes this post
(23-01-2017, 18:23)St Charles Owl Wrote: And we would be in the Premier League as well!!!!

I say let's Fook em off,
Have equal games televised and let them toddle off and have their own euro league,

Back to real football and supporters Thumb up
4evaabaggie likes this post
2x Premier League Champ 1x Championship Winner and World cup Winner
(24-01-2017, 00:02)Beefy 1965 Wrote:
(23-01-2017, 18:23)St Charles Owl Wrote: And we would be in the Premier League as well!!!!

I say let's Fook em off,
Have equal games televised and let them toddle off and have their own euro league,

Back to real football and supporters  Thumb up

Been of this opinion for a long time, let the FA's little gentleman's club depart, top six from championship join the top division, let's call it division one, top six of league one join the new division two, top six league two to join new division three ,and top six national league join new division four. Share tv money more evenly and give the people's game back to the people. Radical but it might just work.
Key would be sharing the dividends out fairly otherwise the new set of 'top' teams would start to dominate and get largest sponsorships etc and the thing would just be repeated.

But I'd just love a proper and fully competitive league again.

We could get radical as well and have all games kick off at 3pm on Saturdays!
Surely you wouldn't equally share the prizes, you'd put the same salary cap on every club? That's the only way to level the playing field.

(25-01-2017, 10:27)GlassEyedBomber Wrote: Surely you wouldn't equally share the prizes, you'd put the same salary cap on every club? That's the only way to level the playing field.

Great idea but like communism would not work ..... market forces dictate wages ... sad but a fact of life. Everybody is equal in communism so on paper paid the same ...... Would you do a 80,90 or 100 hour week as presisent for the same money as a 40 hour week unskilled worker ... I suggest not. It stifles people's drive, ambition and progress ..... wage cap would have the same effect and would have to be worldwide ....... this would stifle developing nations ..... Would you play in China or India etc for the same money as league 2. I do not know the answer but wage caps don't appear to be it.
(25-01-2017, 12:14)4evaabaggie Wrote:
(25-01-2017, 10:27)GlassEyedBomber Wrote: Surely you wouldn't equally share the prizes, you'd put the same salary cap on every club? That's the only way to level the playing field.

Great idea but like communism would not work ..... market forces dictate wages ... sad but a fact of life. Everybody is equal in communism so on paper paid the same ...... Would you do a 80,90 or 100 hour week as presisent for the same money as a 40 hour week unskilled worker ... I suggest not. It stifles people's drive, ambition and progress ..... wage cap would have the same effect and would have to be worldwide ....... this would stifle developing nations ..... Would you play in China or India etc for the same money as league 2. I do not know the answer but wage caps don't appear to be it.

Sadly I have to agree with 4eva.  Football is no longer about sport, these days it is all about making money and any efforts to change that would have to be done on a worldwide initiative and we all know that the money boys are not going to let go of their precious cash cow.

Any unilateral attempt by the F.A. to bring in any form of capping or or restructuring would just result in the better players playing somewhere else, though after  Whistle Brexit  Whistle you would have thought 50% of people may be OK with that idea, so who knows.

The only part answer I have found is alongside watching our precious Baggies, go watch more local stuff, where money, other than the odd player who may be on £50 a game or something similar does not exist (though I am sure the idea of earning £300,000 a week crosses their mind occasionally).  Far less style and finesse, but a lot more guts and determination.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »