Thread Rating:
Spurs vs WBA - Match Thread
With a very limited squad we're doing pretty well so far this season. Realistically we're not going to challenge the top 6; IMO we do well to be out of the bottom 6.
Yes we need 3-4 good quality players in,  no doubt - but credit to the club for being where we are at the moment. As long as we pick up points against teams outside the top few, we'll have a successful season ........to many,  that will be avoiding relegation. It's how you see it that will dictate your view of "success".
I'm not advocating that we aim low, I'm saying that we should be realistic in our expectations Thumb up
(15-01-2017, 00:44)drewks Wrote: With a very limited squad we're doing pretty well so far this season. Realistically we're not going to challenge the top 6; IMO we do well to be out of the bottom 6.
Yes we need 3-4 good quality players in,  no doubt - but credit to the club for being where we are at the moment. As long as we pick up points against teams outside the top  few, we'll have a successful season ........to many,  that will be avoiding relegation. It's how you see it that will dictate your view of "success".
I'm not advocating that we aim low, I'm saying that we should be realistic in our expectations  Thumb up

Agree entirely Drewks. Let's hope we manage to get two or three young players in to bolster our aging squad over the next week or so.
How about reversing the trend and get a couple of Chinese players to come to the Premier League! Lol!
(Yes I am joking!)
I was in the studio during the game not by design just the way it worked out my spud mate at work was nervous about facing us reckons we're a bogey team I just laughed and said you're going to thrash us stop taking the **** but then I saw stats that said we've drawn 3 won 1 at the lane in the last 4 but still in my head I knew Spurs are currently very very good and so I predicted3-0 to them 3-1 at best I first saw 2-0 then 3 4 and just switched off from football for the entire day and did my alternative Christmas party night instead I've only just caught up with the rest of yesterdays results and it looks like we've got off fairly lightly Bournemouth failed to get closer although stoke and Burnley are now within striking distance. I honestly can't see Europe happening whatsoever I'd say we're more likely to finish with 10th11th or 12th we really do need some new talent in and we have at least put ourselves position wise in more of an attractive proposition than a team fighting relegation  let's hope we can get some quality players in this January
Val - agree with you. At the end of the day the success or failure for a club like Albion is how it performs against the lower and mid table teams.

The top end at the moment is a different league - Spurs, Liverpool, Arsenal, Chelsea, Man Utd and Man City are all richer and stronger, squad wise, than the rest. But even though we would budget zero points against them it is grabbing the odd point here and there against these that will make the difference at the end of the season, in my opinion.

Europe would be nice. I'd book flights and hotel immediately should we ever get to have a fixture abroad (needs to be sooner rather than later) but I feel this is a season too soon, still.

The club under new ownership and being mid table is far more appealing for a player than it once was - hopefully this is another small step in our development and we will see a few exciting signings in the next few weeks.

I am feeling very positive right now
Well, if Manchester City can lose 4-0 at Everton, I don't feel too bad about Albion losing 4-0 at Tottenham.
(15-01-2017, 17:29)aries22 Wrote: Well, if Manchester City can lose 4-0 at Everton, I don't feel too bad about Albion losing 4-0 at Tottenham.

Saw the game
Ok Schneiderlin was out of our reach,
But they the bring on Lookman a pacy young center forward who we were suppose to be after in the summer......
Guess what
He scored on debut Angry
2x Premier League Champ 1x Championship Winner and World cup Winner
The takeover in the summer scuppered our transfer window ..... the out going owner did not want to spend ..... understandable, the incoming owner did not want to spend money in case it fell thorough, understandable. But left us in a pickle.

We were linked to some good players that would have pushed us up a level, but no good looking at could'ves or would'ves now is the time to look at the here and now .... the future our future .... this could be when we step up to the level of Everton ...... regular top seven finisher .... the gulf between there and the top six is cavernous and will take some covering ...... probably not in my life time ..... I am now 50 .... but the hope is there.

The odd heavy defeat but not a thumping I can cope with .... I class five, six or more as a thumping, we are playing catch up after all. When we've cemented our regular top eight finishes then go for glory in the cups.

Come on you baggies
I was in the studio during the game not by design just the way it worked out my spud mate at work was nervous about facing us reckons we're a bogey team I just laughed and said you're going to thrash us stop taking the **** but then I saw stats that said we've drawn 3 won 1 at the lane in the last 4 but still in my head I knew Spurs are currently very very good and so I predicted3-0 to them 3-1 at best I first saw 2-0 then 3 4 and just switched off from football for the entire day and did my alternative Christmas party night instead I've only just caught up with the rest of yesterdays results and it looks like we've got off fairly lightly Bournemouth failed to get closer although stoke and Burnley are now within striking distance. I honestly can't see Europe happening whatsoever I'd say we're more likely to finish with 10th11th or 12th we really do need some new talent in and we have at least put ourselves position wise in more of an attractive proposition than a team fighting relegation  let's hope we scan get some quality players in this January
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »