Thread Rating:
WBA Strike Again ................
Another manager gets the chop after WBA Loss Laugh

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/38503364
2x Premier League Champ 1x Championship Winner and World cup Winner
Just said the same on the Hull board - We did this before but we should list all the managers sacked post Albion game - almost worth maintaining a table like Ska'd does for top goal scorers Laugh
After former Sunderland manager Paolo Di Canio was given the boot from the North-East side following defeat to West Bromwich Albion, it brought a terrifying coincidence of similar occurrences happening to a number of other Premier League managers after facing the Midlands outfit.

Tottenham manager Andres Villas-Boas (left) was sacked by Chelsea when his side were defeated by West Brom. Ipswich manager Mick McCarthy was sacked by Wolverhampton Wanderers when losing the Midlands derby match, and Roberto Di Matteo (right) was also sacked by Chelsea after losing to the Baggies. All these in the last 18 months.

Add to this Mike Phelan Hull City and that's just the prem, I think there were a couple in the Championship,
One the QPR manager whose name escapes me after we stuffed them 5-1
NEXT ........... Laugh

Update the manager at QPR was none other than John Gregory Rolleyes

Another Chris Hughton Newcastle Laugh

Good ain't we Whistle

I make that:

Chris Hughton -Newcastle
John Gregory - QPR
Mick McCarthy - Wolves
Andre Villas Boas - Chelsea
Roberto Di Matteo - Chelsea
Roberto Mancini - Man City (we were his last league game, not last opponents)
Paolo Di Canio - Sunderland
Chris Hughton - Norwich
Mike Phelan - Hull City

Nine down one to go for the perfect 10 Blush
We may have been his last league game, but we can't really claim Mancini because City beat us that night. It was definitely losing the cup final to Wigan that did him.
"I would rather spend a holiday in Tuscany than in the Black Country, but if I were compelled to choose between living in West Bromwich or Florence, I should make straight for West Bromwich." - J.B. Priestley
Not sure this is something to brag about ...... are these clubs saying that we are so mediocre that they shouldn't be losing to us i.e. "you can't even beat West Brom" or are we just the final straw in a lot of cases.
(04-01-2017, 11:36)4evaabaggie Wrote: Not sure this is something to brag about ...... are these clubs saying that we are so mediocre that they shouldn't be losing to us i.e. "you can't even beat West Brom" or are we just the final straw in a lot of cases.

Nothing to brag about but pretty hilarious all the same. We were the final straw in most cases, although McCarthy at Wolves deserved the sack long before the 5-1 mauling we handed him, arguably the season before when Wolves lost 3-2 at home to Blackburn on the last day of the season. He did far too little over three PL seasons to upgrade his Championship-winning squad to PL quality. Chris Hughton's sacking was pretty brutal. Five months into the new season after winning the Championship by a mile, he hadn't done much wrong.
You forgot to mention Alex Ferguson had to retire after mighty ManUre were held to a 5-5 score bore with the poor little Baggies. DD Whistle Whistle
Ubique.
(04-01-2017, 18:44)Dingle-Dingle Wrote: You forgot to mention Alex Ferguson had to retire after mighty ManUre were held to a 5-5 score bore with the poor little Baggies. DD  Whistle  Whistle

Well done with the signature change matey Thumb up
(04-01-2017, 00:15)Beefy 1965 Wrote: After former Sunderland manager Paolo Di Canio was given the boot from the North-East side following defeat to West Bromwich Albion, it brought a terrifying coincidence of similar occurrences happening to a number of other Premier League managers after facing the Midlands outfit.

Tottenham manager Andres Villas-Boas (left) was sacked by Chelsea when his side were defeated by West Brom. Ipswich manager Mick McCarthy was sacked by Wolverhampton Wanderers when losing the Midlands derby match, and Roberto Di Matteo (right) was also sacked by Chelsea after losing to the Baggies. All these in the last 18 months.

Add to this Mike Phelan Hull City and that's just the prem, I think there were a couple in the Championship,
One the QPR manager whose name escapes me after we stuffed them 5-1
NEXT ...........   Laugh

Update the manager at QPR was none other than John Gregory  Rolleyes

Another Chris Hughton Newcastle  Laugh

Good ain't we  Whistle

I make that:

Chris Hughton -Newcastle
John Gregory - QPR
Mick McCarthy - Wolves
Andre Villas Boas - Chelsea
Roberto Di Matteo - Chelsea
Roberto Mancini - Man City (we were his last league game, not last opponents)
Paolo Di Canio - Sunderland
Chris Hughton - Norwich
Mike Phelan - Hull City

Nine down one to go for the perfect 10  Blush

How about the England manager after a WBA connection?
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »