Thread Rating:
WBA - New Year Thread
(02-01-2017, 21:19)Ska Wrote:
(02-01-2017, 20:57)Beefy 1965 Wrote: Before today when was the last time we came from behind to win in Two consecutive games
No hurry  Whistle

April 2011.  On the 2nd we came from behind with two Brunt penalties to beat Liverpool 2-1 after Skrtel had given them the lead.  Then the following Saturday, Sunderland took the lead against us twice at the Stadium of Light before we turned it around on them to win 3-2.

Fair play Skad Thumb up , Five years ago , (wow)
The last few years we have been saying if we go behind we wont win........
Another stat that seems to be changing for the good Thumb up
By the way when was the time before that Laugh
aries22 likes this post
2x Premier League Champ 1x Championship Winner and World cup Winner
(02-01-2017, 21:27)TheBaggieMan Wrote: Tony Pulis must have experienced Dickens' 'Christmas Carol' back in October and had a visitation from 'Ghost of Pulis Past' !!!

Since his contract extension he has been a revelation and long may it continue. Yes, we still need to sign a couple of quality players and work still needs to be done on our passing and ball retention but we are moving in the right direction. Hands up, I have criticised Pulis consistently over the past two years and wanted rid of the footballing anti-Christ but, if he keeps this up, I will fully support him.  

Is it now the 'Ghost of Pulis Future' ?

Fair play, BaggieMan - hopefully we're all coming together on that, and the present window will enable TP to continue this improvement Thumb up
Not a fan of how we were playing but always stated I felt it was more the result of previous poor transfer windows, even so still reached a point where I was ready to call for his head. Overjoyed with our current position still not been to a game since Watford last season ..... hoping to get to a game or two soon, but I always thought the Palace Pulis could do the same job for us. We are currently like Hansel and Gretel ........ we are not out of the woods yet. But we are heading in the right direction.

Well done TP ..........Come on you Baggies ....... pride of the Midlands.

Baggieman ...... it takes a big man to admit he may have been wrong ...... lets hope you were and the corner has been turned. Well done.
Some great stats after today's game .......

Our first game in the premiership was 2002 at Old Trafford,
Today's was Albion's 400th game in the premiership Thumb up

West Brom have netted three or more goals in five different home league games this season, more than in any previous Premier League campaign.

Courtesy of Brunt's goal, the Baggies became the first side to hit double figures for headed goals in the Premier League this season (10, rising to 11 via McAuley's goal).

Adam Lallana, Alexis Sanchez, Mesut Ozil and Christian Eriksen - cannot match Matt Phillips,the flying Scotsman's tally of assists.
Phillips has 7......
Only one can.
Manchester City's Kevin De Bruyne, who cost 11 TIMES more than Phillips, has nine assists.
But the big name Belgian has half as many goals as Phillips, who, lest we forget, has bagged four in his last nine.
2x Premier League Champ 1x Championship Winner and World cup Winner
(02-01-2017, 21:27)TheBaggieMan Wrote: Tony Pulis must have experienced Dickens' 'Christmas Carol' back in October and had a visitation from 'Ghost of Pulis Past' !!!

Since his contract extension he has been a revelation and long may it continue. Yes, we still need to sign a couple of quality players and work still needs to be done on our passing and ball retention but we are moving in the right direction. Hands up, I have criticised Pulis consistently over the past two years and wanted rid of the footballing anti-Christ but, if he keeps this up, I will fully support him.  

How wonderfully condescending. Talk about damning with faint praise!
(03-01-2017, 03:01)BaggyBomber Wrote:

How wonderfully condescending.  Talk about damning with faint praise!

Wouldn't have expected anything else from you BaggyBomber given your past history.
Fortunately, your opinion does not seem to be shared.
(02-01-2017, 18:22)HRK Wrote:
(02-01-2017, 18:20)aries22 Wrote: Is that Chwis Bwunt's first headed goal since we dwew with Watford at Vicawage Woad in the spwing of 2010 when we got pwomoted? I was at that game and his goal came wight at the end.

[Image: RoyHodgson-banging-head-wall-WestBrom-13...gif?id=186]
Looks like he's either trying to sneeze or he's shitting his pants. Laugh

(02-01-2017, 19:10)WBA-Josh Wrote: 5 points clear of Bournemouth and Southampton now and 1 behind Everton. A good gap to keep us in 8th.

4 signings needed to really push us on. Fix the left back situation with Charlie Taylor, Fernandez to replace McAuley in the long term, Schneiderlein to push Fletcher and Yacob and Robert Snodgrass.

Gk - Foster, Myhill
Rb - Dawson, Nyom
Cb - McAuley, Evans, Fernandez and Olsson
Lb - Taylor, Galloway
Dm - Yacob, Schneiderlein
Cm - Morrison, Fletcher and Gardner
Rm - Brunt and Snodgrass
Lm - Phillips and McLean
Am - Chadli
St - Rondon, Robson-Kanu and Berahino

Good shouts, Josh. Would you take Jeffrey Schlupp on the left somewhere?

(02-01-2017, 22:06)Beefy 1965 Wrote:
(02-01-2017, 21:19)Ska Wrote:
(02-01-2017, 20:57)Beefy 1965 Wrote: Before today when was the last time we came from behind to win in Two consecutive games
No hurry  Whistle

April 2011.  On the 2nd we came from behind with two Brunt penalties to beat Liverpool 2-1 after Skrtel had given them the lead.  Then the following Saturday, Sunderland took the lead against us twice at the Stadium of Light before we turned it around on them to win 3-2.

Fair play Skad  Thumb up , Five years ago , (wow)
The last few years we have been saying if we go behind we wont win........
Another stat that seems to be changing for the good  Thumb up
By the way when was the time before that  Laugh

You scamp!
I
(03-01-2017, 06:58)TheBaggieMan Wrote:
(03-01-2017, 03:01)BaggyBomber Wrote:

How wonderfully condescending.  Talk about damning with faint praise!

Wouldn't have expected anything else from you BaggyBomber given your past history.
Fortunately, your opinion does not seem to be shared.

Certainly, I would not have expected anything else from you and that is a fact.

By the way, what does your little bit of French mean?  Check spelling of today.
I thought Yacob was immense, and Nyom's energy seemed to lift the team when he came on. I like his enthusiasm and athleticism and, much as I appreciate Dawson's efforts, I'd choose Nyom over Dawson (that's when we get a proper LB).
Start every day off with a smile and get it over with
Of all the seasons in the Premier, I'm sure there was never a season when we had such a great record against teams below us in the league. Whilst we have got only 1 point from the seven games against the top 7, we have won 28 from those clubs below us in just 13 matches.
This augurs well for the future provided we can land some of the players with whom we are linked. This is a great time to be n Albion fan.
BaggieMan likes this post
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »