Thread Rating:
WBA - New Year Thread
(02-01-2017, 18:52)talkSAFT Wrote: I'm speechless (fingerless??)
That was the best 1/2 game I've seen for a few years. Every Albion player looked really good, whereas 1st half they were all poor.

Fantastic comeback and a real sign of the spirit and resilience in our team. Delighted for the players and Pulis today, tough run of festive fixtures and our points haul has been great.

ATID!
5 points clear of Bournemouth and Southampton now and 1 behind Everton. A good gap to keep us in 8th.

4 signings needed to really push us on. Fix the left back situation with Charlie Taylor, Fernandez to replace McAuley in the long term, Schneiderlein to push Fletcher and Yacob and Robert Snodgrass.

Gk - Foster, Myhill
Rb - Dawson, Nyom
Cb - McAuley, Evans, Fernandez and Olsson
Lb - Taylor, Galloway
Dm - Yacob, Schneiderlein
Cm - Morrison, Fletcher and Gardner
Rm - Brunt and Snodgrass
Lm - Phillips and McLean
Am - Chadli
St - Rondon, Robson-Kanu and Berahino
aries22 likes this post
To say we weren't at the races first half would be an understatement, but we really are mastering the art of becoming comeback kings. It's a far cry from the days when we used to race into early 3-0 leads and then let them crumble away in the second half Full credit to the players and manager for turning this one round.

That said, we looked knackered by the end, and I fear a young Derby side could run rings round us come Saturday. But that's a worry for the weekend.
"I would rather spend a holiday in Tuscany than in the Black Country, but if I were compelled to choose between living in West Bromwich or Florence, I should make straight for West Bromwich." - J.B. Priestley
(02-01-2017, 19:10)WBA-Josh Wrote: 5 points clear of Bournemouth and Southampton now and 1 behind Everton. A good gap to keep us in 8th.

4 signings needed to really push us on. Fix the left back situation with Charlie Taylor, Fernandez to replace McAuley in the long term, Schneiderlein to push Fletcher and Yacob and Robert Snodgrass.

Gk - Foster, Myhill
Rb - Dawson, Nyom
Cb - McAuley, Evans, Fernandez and Olsson
Lb - Taylor, Galloway
Dm - Yacob, Schneiderlein
Cm - Morrison, Fletcher and Gardner
Rm - Brunt and Snodgrass
Lm - Phillips and McLean
Am - Chadli
St - Rondon, Robson-Kanu and Berahino
Josh - I thought Galloway had been sent back a long time ago?
Also 11pts for safety
Decided to go today and I have to say.....great credit to Pulis (yes, not something I ever expected to write). When Evans went off he could have played safe and brought Olsson on as a straight replacement but he went 3 at the back and the improvement was instant. Still too reliant on set pieces and mot sure we need 2 holding midfielders against the weaker teams, but it was good to see us trying to pass the ball and get players in the box.....at least in the 2nd half.
Seems like Evans aggrevated his calf injury again; would seem to make sense to leave him out next week (FA Cup?) to get him fit for next league game? We have Europe to plan for Blush Blush
(Only kidding) Doh
(02-01-2017, 19:12)Ska Wrote: To say we weren't at the races first half would be an understatement, but we really are mastering the art of becoming comeback kings.  It's a far cry from the days when we used to race into early 3-0 leads and then let them crumble away in the second half  Full credit to the players and manager for turning this one round.

That said, we looked knackered by the end, and I fear a young Derby side could run rings round us come Saturday.  But that's a worry for the weekend.

Some good points Skad ...
So here's a question just for you ..........

Before today when was the last time we came from behind to win in Two consecutive games
No hurry Whistle
Oh and don't ask me it doesn't happen that often we come from behind at all Laugh

Oh and regarding fitness has anybody seen TP's Interview ?

Two games in three days ?
These players are payed a absolute fortune now .....
Tired ?
They should go and work down the Pit for seven days , that's hard work Thumb up

I'm really warming to this guy even more,
Lets not forget when Evans went off injured he could have just replaced like for like with Jonas yet went three at the back and brought on a attacking player.
Even now TP seems to be learning,
It wasn't so long ago people were saying TP had no plan B and his plan A was to park the Bus Rolleyes
How times have changed , not perfect by all means passing still shoddy at times, however a couple of quality signings to help could improve this area, if it does it's making me feel optimistic for the future for the first time in a few years.
Long way to go and TP won't change all of his ways and sometimes we may get the odd shocker,
But for the first time i could honestly say it looks onwards and upwards .....
Happy New Year Thumb up
Beefmeister Heart
BaggieMan likes this post
2x Premier League Champ 1x Championship Winner and World cup Winner
(02-01-2017, 20:57)Beefy 1965 Wrote: Before today when was the last time we came from behind to win in Two consecutive games
No hurry  Whistle

April 2011. On the 2nd we came from behind with two Brunt penalties to beat Liverpool 2-1 after Skrtel had given them the lead. Then the following Saturday, Sunderland took the lead against us twice at the Stadium of Light before we turned it around on them to win 3-2.
Beefy 1965 likes this post
"I would rather spend a holiday in Tuscany than in the Black Country, but if I were compelled to choose between living in West Bromwich or Florence, I should make straight for West Bromwich." - J.B. Priestley
Tony Pulis must have experienced Dickens' 'Christmas Carol' back in October and had a visitation from 'Ghost of Pulis Past' !!!

Since his contract extension he has been a revelation and long may it continue. Yes, we still need to sign a couple of quality players and work still needs to be done on our passing and ball retention but we are moving in the right direction. Hands up, I have criticised Pulis consistently over the past two years and wanted rid of the footballing anti-Christ but, if he keeps this up, I will fully support him.  

Is it now the 'Ghost of Pulis Future' ?
talkSAFT, drewks, Beefy 1965 like this post
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »