Thread Rating:
WBA - New Year Thread
(01-01-2017, 14:00)Ska Wrote: I don't really have time to cobble together a separate thread for Monday's match against Hull, so feel free to use this one for that match too.

The Tigers have failed to keep a clean sheet in twenty-one games, which is their worst run of that kind since 1991.  If we can't score against these guys then we're doing something badly wrong.  Would be great if we can notch up back-to-back wins and kick off 2017 just shy of thirty points.
Ska'd - I am sure I speak for everyone in saying that you do a fantastic job and your match day posts are one of the key features of this board. Thanks for all that you do and I hope you keep up the good work.

Happy New Year to you - hope it's a brilliant one.
Baggievicar, HRK, Borders Baggie And 4 others like this post
(01-01-2017, 03:16)TheBaggieMan Wrote: Happy & Healthy New Year guys from TheBaggieMan

Smile

Happy New Year Baggieman from sunny Florida!
This could be a banana skin as Hull have had a extra day's rest,
However i think we may shade this as we have been doing well against teams around us for a change,
Win this and i feel we are almost already safe.
So knowing Albion .....................
I watched Hull's game V Everton and Hull's players were diving at every opportunity to get free kicks just on the edge of the box where to be fair Snodgrass was a machine,
His delivery into the box was almost always spot on & and his shooting at goal was amazing most hitting the target, woodwork and the back of the net !
The players only had to feel a arm on the shoulder and they went down like they had been shoot, this is obviously there best chance of scoring a goal and they know it !!!!!!!!!!!!
2x Premier League Champ 1x Championship Winner and World cup Winner
(02-01-2017, 01:02)Beefy 1965 Wrote: I watched Hull's game V Everton and Hull's players were diving at every opportunity to get free kicks just on the edge of the box where to be fair Snodgrass was a machine,
His delivery into the box was almost always spot on & and his shooting at goal was amazing most hitting the target, woodwork and the back of the net  !
The players only had to feel a arm on the shoulder and they went down like they had been shoot, this is obviously there best chance of scoring a goal and they know it  !!!!!!!!!!!!

Do you hear that, Claudio?
Start every day off with a smile and get it over with
I'm still absolutely bouncing from Southampton - wouldn't put it past Robson-Kanu to score a scorpion kick of his own today to add to his goals of the season collection haha. What a finish though, I was just stood there in shock after celebrating.

I was concerned at how little effect Chadli had on the game but it worked in our favour, Nyom having to come off replaced by McClean with Brunt dropping back and Morrison coming on in place of Chadli turned the game on it's head.

There'll more than likely be some sweeping changes today. I'd guess that Gardner, McClean and Olsson could see some game time, maybe could also be surprise inclusions of Leko and Field as we haven't seen them for some time although I'd imagine their getting some game time in the U23's although I haven't been following that closely lately.

See a narrow win for us today, not expecting scintillating football as the players on both sides will be knackered from the off. What swings it in our favour is we do have those few extra squad players that do a good job when called upon whereas Hull barely had a team at the start of the year.

COYB!
Introducing today’s Albion team, in association with Coral, for the Premier League fixture against Hull City.

Starting XI: Foster; Dawson, McAuley, Evans, Brunt; Yacob, Fletcher ©; Phillips, Morrison, Chadli; Rondon

Subs: Myhill; Nyom, Olsson, Robson-Kanu, Gardner, McClean, Galloway #WBAHUL
Not surprised Rondon is back in. That was clearly the plan all along. Am surprised McClean hasn't been given a go. His natural fitness would be useful today. Also what does Fletcher have to do to get dropped?
(02-01-2017, 16:03)WBA-Josh Wrote: Introducing today’s Albion team, in association with Coral, for the Premier League fixture against Hull City.

Starting XI: Foster; Dawson, McAuley, Evans, Brunt; Yacob, Fletcher ©; Phillips, Morrison, Chadli; Rondon

Subs: Myhill; Nyom, Olsson, Robson-Kanu, Gardner, McClean, Galloway #WBAHUL

I don't get that.
Nyom's been as good as anyone in the last 6 games, and Brunt has shown he's best as a link man in the midfield - not as a left back.
If he wants to leave anyone out to cater for Morrison AND Chadli, I'd leave Fletcher out, based on his form for the past 6 weeks.
Start every day off with a smile and get it over with
Read somewhere, Nyom was off to ACON so may explain it.

I also read he didn't want to go but had been called up anyway.
Good to see Mozza and Chadli starting together! Hopefully we can start AND CONTINUE on the front foot
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »