Thread Rating:
WBA - New Year Thread
Fletcher has been so poor on the ball today. Constantly gets the ball stuck in his feet and gives it away.
Well that is a great way to finish 2016!

I must say that Tony Pulisnhas turned things around and must now be applauded for all of his work and the direction in which the squad is going.

Here's to an exciting transfer window and maybe an FA Cup run........ (asking too much?)
drewks and BaggyBomber like this post
I was a little behind the settee during this game, but I knew we could win if we took the game to them (as I commented on JA606), but it seems we won with what the BBC Sport website called a 'classic rearguard action' with 32% possession. Shane Long proved the predictable thorn but Virgil van Dijk's late sending off probably helped settle the nerves at the end. We had 7 shots, 3 on target compared to Southampton's 10 shots and 1 on target, and we scored two cracking goals. TP did well to take off Allan Nyom. Just as against Swansea the other week, it seems he was getting turned and resorted to a couple of fouls. All in all, a great result and not undeserved.
Welcome respite from the tedium of family Xmas crap tv I've even put my foot down with mother and demanded to watch the footy tnite or I'd pack early and head home ASAP lol!
I see people are starting to believe in the antichrist of football lately lol! I believe praise the lord I believe! My folks neighbour is a Man U fan he reckons pulls is amazing and would have him at Man U anyday! Interesting huh?
BaggyBomber likes this post
(31-12-2016, 18:05)drewks Wrote: Mozza needs to start for us. Coincidence that him starting a few games led to that tidy little run a month ago?

Agree 100% Drewksie. Whenever we play without Mozza we seem to lack anything in midfield but when he's on the pitch, our play and passing quality seems to improve enormously. Charlie Chadli blows hot and cold and more suited to play left side midfield.

HRK goal was brilliant and pleased to see him off-the-mark but suspect De-do-Ron I'll be back in starting 11 for the 'ull game.

Agree, a nice way to end 2016.
(31-12-2016, 18:32)May68 Wrote: Fletcher has been so poor on the ball today. Constantly gets the ball stuck in his feet and gives it away.
We've got a couple of midfielders to think about, starting with Gardner (not really good enough to start games) and maybe Fletcher (age), and McManaman might also be out the door come end of season. One really good midfielder in January and our midfield will look fine.
Only another 5 wins needed. DD Angry Angry
Ubique.
Think Fletcher needs a rest ......
Would still start with Chadli against Hull (Doesn't quite look the same after his op) but with a more attacking midfield with just one holding midfielder in Yacob, (Morrison for Fletch)

Much better 2nd half Thumb up
2x Premier League Champ 1x Championship Winner and World cup Winner
Happy & Healthy New Year guys from TheBaggieMan

Smile
I don't really have time to cobble together a separate thread for Monday's match against Hull, so feel free to use this one for that match too.

The Tigers have failed to keep a clean sheet in twenty-one games, which is their worst run of that kind since 1991. If we can't score against these guys then we're doing something badly wrong. Would be great if we can notch up back-to-back wins and kick off 2017 just shy of thirty points.
Stairs likes this post
"I would rather spend a holiday in Tuscany than in the Black Country, but if I were compelled to choose between living in West Bromwich or Florence, I should make straight for West Bromwich." - J.B. Priestley
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »