Thread Rating:
WBA vs Man Utd - Match Thread
Have just seen MOTD and didn't notice the cheeky tug on the shirt from Zlatan on GMac live. I did wonder how he got such a free header when I was at the game and now it makes sense!

Very talented footballer but an absolute dirty cheating sod as well. Challenge on Dawson was as close to a red without getting one as they come, but Rondon could have got himself sent off as well and was lucky to stay on the pitch.

All in all not too bad a performance though and on to the next one!

Tidy - I do share some of your optimism on Leko, it just concerns me that he rarely keeps his head up when running with the ball. He needs a loan move if he's only going to be making cameo appearances from the bench as the lad is clearly ready for regular football. Just not convinced he's ready for our first team just yet though despite his emergence at the end of last season.

Maybe the plan is when we're closer to the 40 point mark he'll start more often?
(18-12-2016, 11:57)tidy Wrote: Leko looked good when he came on. We could have a very good player in the making here.

Tidy, you've done it now, you have highlighted another Albion youth talent ...... how long before the Tottenham plumber is sniffing around tapping him up ..... Don't want another Saido now do we ...... an offer of 10 pence down and the rest at 5 pence a week for thirty seven thousand years.
Leko - great on the ball; still got a long way to go off it. Poor movement, poor tracking back and didn't offer anything other than standing in front of a team mate and asking for the ball to feet. He's such a talent but without proper game time he'll never improve on these parts of his game. Either Pulis needs to get him on more or we need to loan him out to a team where he'll be first eleven.
(20-12-2016, 16:07)Latecomer Wrote: Leko - great on the ball; still got a long way to go off it. Poor movement, poor tracking back and didn't offer anything other than standing in front of a team mate and asking for the ball to feet. He's such a talent but without proper game time he'll never improve on these parts of his game. Either Pulis needs to get him on more or we need to loan him out to a team where he'll be first eleven.

I have to agree Latecomer. Whenever I've seen him he seems to be playing on his own and not as part of a team ending up trying to beat 4 or 5 players (a-la-Sess)  instead of seeing and making the crucial pass to a teammate. That said, he is undoubtedly a great prospect with loads of talent and as you say, his game and vision must be improved before he becomes a serious contender for being included in any starting 11. Whether that improvement can be gained is through a loan or working with our own coaching staff, who knows - only time will tell.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »