Thread Rating:
Credit where it's due
It's been a while since I have signed in as was disillusioned with everything Tony Pulis. As you all know I'm not a fan and have openly questioned his tactics and his team selections.

I have to give credit to him for the past few months for the way we have played and our results. This has been nothing short of brilliant. I honestly think the new owner and chairman have sat him down and 'had a word' and sort of forced his hand because we have always had the players to do this.

Brunty has been a revelation along with Nyom and Matty Phillips. We can attack well when allowed.

So from me it's a WELL DONE TP. I wasnt wrong to slag you off but I'm more than happy to give you the credit you deserve.

Great Hatrick from Rondon last night. Poor attendance again though.

Pulis is trying so maybe the stay away fans should too.
Baggievicar, BaggieSteve, BaggieMan And 3 others like this post
BLACK COUNTRY BY BIRTH, ALBION BY THE GRACE OF GOD AND MY OLD MAN

You go in the cage? cage goes in the water, sharks in the water....Our Shark Cry

Ultrinque Paratus
Ditto
Start every day off with a smile and get it over with
Worldclass...  I agree with every word you say.  When TP's contract was recently extended for a further year, the unrest of the fans and large reduction in ST sales (me included)  must have been on the agenda as a proviso that he promotes more attacking and entertaining play.

Up until that point, a great majority on here and other forums were calling for TP's head (again me included) but if he continues in this vein, I will also give him credit where credit is due.  We all know his love for defensive, although boring, footy but we can only hope that the recent performances have caused him to also fall in love with a more expansive style of play.

Might even go for a Half Season Ticket !!!   Laugh
drewks likes this post
(15-12-2016, 18:25)TheBaggieMan Wrote: Worldclass...  I agree with every word you say.  When TP's contract was recently extended for a further year, the unrest of the fans and large reduction in ST sales (me included)  must have been on the agenda as a proviso that he promotes more attacking and entertaining play.

Up until that point, a great majority on here and other forums were calling for TP's head (again me included) but if he continues in this vein, I will also give him credit where credit is due.  We all know his love for defensive, although boring, footy but we can only hope that the recent performances have caused him to also fall in love with a more expansive style of play.

Might even go for a Half Season Ticket !!!   Laugh

I have now purchased 2 half season tickets for my kids and we all went up last night and thoroughly enjoyed it.
BLACK COUNTRY BY BIRTH, ALBION BY THE GRACE OF GOD AND MY OLD MAN

You go in the cage? cage goes in the water, sharks in the water....Our Shark Cry

Ultrinque Paratus
Have to say fair play to this thread in general. A lot of vocal supporters rightly called for Pulis' head after a really bad run of results at the tail end of last season and the early part of this one.

Takes balls to come out and admit that they were wrong (well, not necessarily wrong as such but impatient)

I think this could be the beginnings now of a very bright future at the Albion after the topsy turvy stuff we endured under Irvine, Mel et al. We're not many signings away from being a top half side now and if Lai keeps true to his statements of ambition he made when taking over the stewardship of this club, then I would expect to see these signings made over the next 2-3 windows at most.
4evaabaggie likes this post
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »