Thread Rating:
RIFC
I see there's some revision of history going on now that Craig Mather has proxied his vote to RST. From being a leading member of the Charles Green Conspiracy and the Board of Evil who was forced out by the valiant Blue Knights lead by Paul Murray, he's now being painted by the pro-King press as a brave rebel who sought to undermine the forces of darkness at Ibrox but who ultimately resigned due to the overwhelming frustration of being blocked at every turn by the other members of the Board.
He did have talks with King though.

If nothing else I'm sure he'd like to see some of his original investment back - if so he sees King and co as the best route to that.
I don't think there was ever anything wrong with him in the sense that I believe he was trying to run the company to the best of his ability. We had our best spell on the park while he was CEO and he formed a link of trust between the players, coaches and board. That was all disrupted by the 'Requisitioners' when they forced him out and it's been downward spiral since then. That's not to say his strategy was necessarily the right one because he didn't make many cuts to the wage bill or board salaries. His money was always on the line though so yeah, it made sense for him to want to see that investment turn into something rather than wither.
Did the requisitioners force him out? I seem to remember that his departure was a bit of a surprise. And occurred shortly after P Murray obtained a court order because the board had attempted to ignore a legitimate requisition.

As ever, I'm unsure what the true cause of it all was. But the requisitioners had no power over his job situation, whereas those inside the company did.
They made a bid (later withdrawn to save it for the AGM I think) to have him removed and his leaving was at the time apparently a direct consequence of Murray winning the court order. It made his position more or less untenable as he would bear the brunt of any wrongdoing. In the end it was right that he should go after the nonsense that went on around the requisition and AGM that year, but it was undoubtedly a goal of Murray's group from the beginning to oust Mather without ever giving a compelling reason why he should go. He definitely made mistakes in the way he dealt with Murray's group, but was he ever a bad guy? He had a genuine interest in the team and supporting the development of the academy and coaching side of the club, and might have made for a good CEO in better times.

It's easy to forget that in the last few years a lot of good figures have been on our board who have been driven away by a few bad apples inside or outside the company.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/31687147

Somers next.

Two down and two clinging on - 0% of shares gives total control at this point.

Good times ahead.

I note that the share price is now at 35.5. Market confidence or a short term bubble?
OK, stupid question time, but what happens if the other 2 resign before Friday's EGM????? If there are no directors to remove, will King's resolutions be automatically passed?
So, the wheel turns again.

Skysports - Rangers chairman David Somers 'to announce resignation'

Telegraph - Dave King wins battle for control of Rangers with David Somers set to resign as chairman

To answer SCO's question ... I just don't know.
AVFC RFC SAFC
It's actually a very good question and due to the legal and regulatory breaches it would create I hope we don't have to find out.
I think they'll do get the 50.01% to be voted onto the board.

It will be interesting if they don't.

The nomad will appoint a board? Or the - god forbid - CEO will.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »