Thread Rating:
A SQUAD PERFECTLY DESIGNED TO FAIL
Is it the most exciting though ? I'm not sure it is. The amount of times ive tuned in to hyped games there and its been rotten, the atmosphere in the stadiums flat as a pancake. 3 big clubs only have a chance in spain ? Its the same in most leagues including england.

Of course you can judge strength by who wins the trophies, its a far better measurement than just saying our leagues more exciting..... and predominately spanish clubs have won consistently in europe last 20 odd years. Their national team pished all over englands in terms of skill and tactics a couple of weeks back. The best players of our era played there rather than england.

The smaller clubs in England have a lot more TV money than their equivalents in spain that's the difference..... and of course that and the marketing of the league is the real reason for "Investment".
There's a whole raft of top flight games in Spain and Germany you'd pay not to watch ......

If you looked at digital and fantasy football games you'd find the most popular signings are of players playing for English clubs. Okay the players all want Bellingham and Mbappe, but they can find so many names they are familiar with at English clubs, right down to the foot of the Premier League. It has to say more than they are the most available viewing on TV across Europe, it has to be about being the best. But equally the most vaunted and anticipated games DO turn out to be an anticlimax, you are right HibeeJim, but that's the same the world over. Good teams cancel each other out sometimes.

There's lots I strongly dislike about our Premier League, but top-level football worldwide displays many of the same characteristics. They bathe in the warmest waters of Capitalism and represent most of its worst excesses. I really wasn't likely to fall in love with them. But it's the only game in town.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »