Thread Closed 
Thread Rating:
Money, money, money!! The 2015-16 Push to the Premier League - Act 1: Summer 2015
Everything hinges on the formation that we use.

If we stick with the rigid 442 then we won't get promoted even if we sign Wickham, BM10 & Messi.

Our season could hinge on how quickly we sack SG.
Was Wereham Owl and Maddix like this post
The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.
Also depends on how much the new Chairman is prepared to give in the transfer market
(17-05-2015, 07:12)consilio Wrote: Also depends on how much the new Chairman is prepared to give in the transfer market

Think it will be more how much he increases the wage budget. Spending money on transfer fees at this level is giving money away when virtually every player goes out of contract over a three year period.
The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.
consilio, how come you haven't changed your avatar? I think mine looks more handsome than yours. Whistle Whistle
"God Save the King."
I can't see any avatars on my phone so got no idea what mine or yours is!

Good point Steve, would certainly like to think we will spend a little more on transfer fees though.....?
I don't mind spending money on transfer fees, but for me it needs to be on proven players who will definitely improve us. Offering higher wages and signing on bonuses should allow us to attract better players automatically.
You want me to post some real photos of my missis imre?

Agree we may have to spend on transfer fees to get a proven scorer. remember all those "debates" years ago when I was going on about "investing?" You remember those days don't you, consilio? Whistle Whistle
"God Save the King."
I remember those days Pei, but we didn't have any real money then. Now we are in position to pay transfer fees we should be prepared to do so if the right player is still under contract. Free agents are preferable but I would rather not compromise just because there is not transfer fee involved.
Just trying to get a reaction, SCO. I agree with what you've written. Back then, I was the one who "hadn't run a business," then later I used the "N" word in a less than flattering way. Something happened with imre in between. I forget. Am I a s**t disturber? Nah. Just like a bit of banter. Whistle Whistle
"God Save the King."
Scoreboard is in the stages of demolition!

Good bye old faithful, hello 21st century! Big Grin
"The opinion of 10,000 men is of no value if none of them know anything about the subject." Marcus Aurelius
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »
Thread Closed