Thread Rating:
WBA vs Man Utd - Match Thread
(17-12-2016, 21:55)BBB Wrote: I've said it for weeks - both Nyom and Ollson need to be replaced - roll on the Jan sales.  Though Oli has been a great servant and if he goes, good luck to him.

Wondered how long it would take Doh Doh Doh Doh Doh Doh Doh
Zlatans challenge on dawson looked naughty, Sick
But then i didn't realise this ..............

Referee today was Anthony Taylor, he's from Wythenshawe in Manchester. Surely he shouldn't be refereeing a man Utd game? Whistle
2x Premier League Champ 1x Championship Winner and World cup Winner
[quote='Beefy 1965' pid='103712' dateline='1482009775']
Zlatans challenge on dawson looked naughty,   Sick
But then i didn't realise this ..............

Referee today was Anthony Taylor, he's from Wythenshawe in Manchester. Surely he shouldn't be refereeing a man Utd game?   Whistle
[/quote

As most Manure fans come from "anywhere but Manchester" he's probably a Liverpool supporter
(17-12-2016, 21:55)BBB Wrote: I've said it for weeks - both Nyom and Ollson need to be replaced - roll on the Jan sales.  Though Oli has been a great servant and if he goes, good luck to him.

Not sure what games you've been watching if you think Nyom needs replacing? Literally one mistake tonight leading to the first goal and a bad night at Anfield is the sum of his poor performances in an Albion shirt so far. And I say this as someone who's seen live every one of the games he's played including his 90 minutes in the U23's at the Bescot against Villa. 

Olsson I can agree with needing to move on, but naming Nyom as a player to move on is ludicrous. He's barely been here 5 minutes.

As far as the match went tonight - the most frustrating thing is the half and half scarf wearing tourist fans that bought tickets in the home stands and "support" Man U. They represent most things that I dislike about the modern game.

I was expecting no points from this game and that's precisely what we have. I'm slightly annoyed we didn't give a better account of ourselves but to be on 23 points and 7th in the table at this stage of the season is fantastic and like the credit where it's due thread sums up, Pulis is turning things around. Right now it smacks of our time under Hodgson where we turned in some very drab stuff in his early tenure whilst the defence got bedded in - and then looking to be more expansive once we were solid at the back. Last season in comparison to this one in other words.

Hopefully with Evans back in the side soon we could be throwing a spanner into the works of Arsenal's title bid come Boxing Day.
(17-12-2016, 22:00)Beefy 1965 Wrote:

Nyom ????????

I take it you have not been watching games recently then ?  Doh
Also thought Dawson was awful tonight  Angry

I knew you'd be the one to notice typing error. Positive remarks are sooooooo much better. Bet you told on your mates at school, huh Doh
(18-12-2016, 01:24)BBB Wrote:
(17-12-2016, 22:00)Beefy 1965 Wrote:

Nyom ????????

I take it you have not been watching games recently then ?  Doh
Also thought Dawson was awful tonight  Angry

I knew you'd be the one to notice typing error. Positive remarks are sooooooo much better. Bet you told on your mates at school, huh  Doh

What typing error ?
You said both and included Nyom
No need to try a come back because nobody agrees with you Dodgy
2x Premier League Champ 1x Championship Winner and World cup Winner
From what I've seen, I thought Nyom is coming on nicely albeit playing out of his natural and preferred position, so don't understand what BBB is on about - perhaps you could explain BBB.

As for Olsson, yes, he has been a great servant to the club but his standard has dropped dramatically over the last two seasons, particularly his distribution,  so I'm afraid its 'Taxi for Olsson' time.
I'll add another shocker for Nyom, the man city game...I think he was trying too hard and getting caught out of position, he also got out jumped for headers by Sterling! STERLING FFS!!! That made me so angry at the time.

I can't agree that he needs replacing, he's been a beast lately, I would've liked to have seen him on the right against man utd though. The amount of times Daws miscontroled something was unbelieve, saying that at least he got forward.

All in all, not too beat up about that performance but we defo need legs in our defence and midfield.

Leko looked good when he came on. We could have a very good player in the making here.
Thought we played ok. We need to be more clinical in front of goal (Rondon header first half)
We certainly weren't rolled over, in fact the score line flattered them.
The ref was very poor - Mr Taylor from Manchester eh?
All in all we are doing well. Far better than early season results indicated. Keep it up Baggies. Let's go and stick it up Arse'nal!
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »