Thread Rating:
Euros, here we come
So the interpretation is Armstrong got in front of Orban without making any physical contact?

I can certainly believe Orban's leg might have been in the lead, so Armstrong wasn't offside. But if he then gets in front of Orban, surely that is impossible without initiating the physical contact himself?

That decision probably saved you from extending your misery. England fans have to endure two more games at least, even though I won't watch any more Southgate myself.
I wonder if Davie Moyes might fancy it?
Actually having seen today's game with France and Poland I think the questions on the Scotland penalty are valid ones.
If anything I still think both players were trying to foul each other in the Scotland game, both wanted the ball and both wanted to obstruct their opponent.

As to France and Poland ...... two wrongs don't a right, but some kinda consistency from VAR at least might be expected.

My opinion still remains that football's rules should not be based on the televised game with loads of spectators and electronic aids. The rules should be capable of operation at the grassroots level and how on earth is an amateur linesman supposed to get the right decision when the forward's big toe is all that is in an offside position? How on earth can a referee in a parks game interpret hand ball now? What chance does he have of having his penalty decision remaining unquestioned when some or so marginal that we can argue over them days later?

Scotland has a very good decision in its legal system - NOT PROVEN .......

If the laws of the game were CLEAR AND OBVIOUS, using that phrase might have some meaning.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »