Thread Rating:
Donald Trump - is the clock already ticking?
(12-01-2017, 02:15)hibeejim21 Wrote: I'd rather have hilary as president than this moronic man-child. I feel sorry for the americans that didn't vote for him

Much of what I did make out from that garbled nonsense he spoke today .... is largely either impossible or he doesn't actually understand the way legislation works and the nature of the party he's the titular head of. Which is something else to be scared of.

He just can't handle the pressure at all and he isn't even in office yet. A twitter spat with meryl streep ffs....... Our only hope is that he ends up getting impeached.

So would I but I would bet we would be talking about a completely different set of problems that could easily derail the country in a different way. I'm angry with the millions of Americans who just didn't bother to get out and vote, especially the Hispanic and black voters who stand to lose so much under a Trump regime!!

I think he can handle the pressure, he will just do so in a very unorthodox way. What he cannot handle is any criticism of himself whatsoever, his skin is so thin its like rice paper!!! Anyone in a public position like him, and this is as public as it gets, has to develop a very thick skin, I think there is no way he can do this and we will continue to see his twitter outbursts as a consequence!! His comments on Meryl Streep were laughable, to claim she is the most overrated actress in Hollywood is just an outrageous statement that anyone can see is plainly false - but as I said earlier he gets away with shit like that!!
He will never learn. His political opponents will have a field day with this clown.

Trashing the CIA in public,and saying stupid things like Russia admitted to hacking the DNC just isn't going to end well. He strikes me as the type of narcissistic sociopath that would go to war over a row on twitter.
Trashing the CIA Jim? IMO that is a very unwise move and the consequences will eventually be dire for this president elect unless he can develop the fine art of 'building bridges' and do it quickly! Also have you noticed how often Trump is the subject of ridicule and satire not just in the UK but elsewhere too! He has no credibility whatsoever and his consistent crass behaviour and lack of humility have decreed why there is very little respect for this 'chancer'!! He shouldn't be anywhere near the oval office and is an absolute political embarrassment to the USA apart from the idiots who voted him in incl those 'angry white American men' who apparently comprise a significant proportion of that 'stupid vote' that could well affect our planet in a global sense! Only time will tell if that is the case!
mate after that toe-curling embarrassing exchange with CNN,apparently he had his own staff in there to cheer and laugh at appropriate times to make it look like it was the press doing so.

The nerve of that pig of a man to whine about "fake news" really is breathtaking after all he's done. It would be fitting if "fake news" finished his presidency.

That habit he has of going into detail about irrelevant side issues is the sort of stuff that drives you mental in meetings at work. Its when you know for sure someone is winging it.
'Blowing away' his security servs and doing likewise to the US media (apart from Fox News for some reason? Are they as RW as he is?) will render his presidency to be 'fraught with difficulty'! What a silly man but most of us knew that very fact almost from day one when he 'stuck his nose' into the American political scene.
(12-01-2017, 02:27)St Charles Owl Wrote: I think he can handle the pressure, he will just do so in a very unorthodox way.  What he cannot handle is any criticism of himself whatsoever, his skin is so thin its like rice paper!!!  Anyone in a public position like him, and this is as public as it gets, has to develop a very thick skin, I think there is no way he can do this and we will continue to see his twitter outbursts as a consequence!!
Remember his antics on his efforts to build his Aberdeenshire golf course. He just expected to trample over everyone to get his own way and became totally obnoxious when some landowners stood up to him. Also took exception to Alex Salmond and the SNP about the off-shore wind farms that could be seen from the course and he threatened to withdraw his investments from Scotland.

The toys will come out of the pram soon and the Trump businesses will be drawn in to a huge controversy. Bluster and pig-headedness are his business traits and it's too late to change his attitude now.
Cabbage is still good for you
(12-01-2017, 16:31)0762 Wrote: 'Blowing away' his security servs and doing likewise to the US media (apart from Fox News  for some reason? Are they as RW as he is?) will render his presidency to be 'fraught with difficulty'! What a silly man but most of us knew that very fact almost from day one when he 'stuck his nose' into the American political scene.

Absolutely yes they are as right wing as he is!!! They are revered by most Republicans as the font of truth but their news coverage is as biased as you will find!!! Of course with the nature of news channels over here both CBS and NBC/MSNBC are just as bad as Fox but in favor of everything Democrat!! I never appreciated the BBC until I moved here, their news coverage is so much better than anything you see on a national basis over here!! Also worth noting that this is just the national networks I refer to, my local Fox News channel here in LA are very good and most of the local Fox stations are in no way biased like the national Fox News Channel!!

(12-01-2017, 13:10)hibeejim21 Wrote: He will never learn. His political opponents will have a field day with this clown.

Trashing the CIA in public,and saying stupid things like Russia admitted to hacking the DNC just isn't going to end well. He strikes me as the type of narcissistic sociopath that would go to war over a row on twitter.

Do not underestimate this man!!! This is the sort of statement you would often see over here during the Republican Primaries, yet one by one he single handedly push his more experienced opponents aside and then did exactly the same to the Democrats and Hillary in the GE. Opponents keep underestimating him and they keep losing!!
What does that even mean anymore though ? Putin could have pished all over him in moscow instead of some hooker and it wouldnt make a bit of difference.

This whole "post-facts" world thing that we've somehow found ourselves in makes it extremely difficult to actually discredit someone in the eyes of their true believers. Hence why trump shouldn't be underestimated....zero to do with political talent though as he xxxx doesn't have any,and its in that arena where he will be found out - away from the shallow nonsense of his campaign trail.

Short of introducing some sort of gun control or peeling off his outer layer of skin to reveal a black man i can't see any outcome where the dumb fucks who voted for him turn the other way. So its all probably moot.
St Charles Owl likes this post
Yes you are right Jim, in the political arena it may be different. As regards his hard core supporters, where you and I watched yesterday's press conference and thought it bizzare, rude, a bully on a role and someone wholly unsuitable for the office he is about to hold, they saw it as complete vindication of their support for him and for why he won the election. There is no moving of that support like you say.
0762 and hibeejim21 like this post
Yep! There's a strong reference from US political analysts to a significant proportion of the Trump vote comprising 'angry white American men'! Are there really so many of these kinda people around in the USA who have rendered true values and reason useless in the face of such crass political campaigning??? It's an absolute travesty of the common good that really should've won through esp v this kinda individual who can't even present himself properly without uttering some kinda controversial or unthinking remark - lacking proper articulation and humility! Thumb down Obama's persona alone places Trump so far down the scale of reputation that any comparison is a total 'walkover' for the outgoing president and DT aint gonna change it any time soon - he's not bright enough and 'what you see is what you'll sadly get'! Rolleyes
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »