Thread Closed 
Thread Rating:
Money, money, money!! The 2015-16 Push to the Premier League - Act 1: Summer 2015
(20-10-2015, 15:36)Statesideowl Wrote: You knew it was coming Smile

It'll only be a 12 month extension to make sure we have time to replace him.

No 12 month extension is needed. He's not good enough. We can make do with him for a few more months but after that he should be shown the door. That's if we have ambitions to eventually make the Premier League.
"God Save the King."
(22-10-2015, 17:17)peiowl Wrote:
(20-10-2015, 15:36)Statesideowl Wrote: You knew it was coming Smile

It'll only be a 12 month extension to make sure we have time to replace him.

No 12 month extension is needed. He's not good enough. We can make do with him for a few more months but after that he should be shown the door. That's if we have ambitions to eventually make the Premier League.

CC obviously thinks he's useful  Cool 

I would imagine, and agree, that he is a stop gap but with rumours of other clubs sniffing round a 12 month extension ensures we get a decent fee for him instead of sweet FA. Good business IMO and he does actually contribute and has his uses. 
and complicated
I agree with that Maddix, giving him a contract extension in no way means he will be with the club for the whole contract. If there is one thing we are learning about our new set up its that there is no player that is guaranteed a spot in the team now, tomorrow or next season. CC will continue to bring in players that improve the team and inevitably that will see some players become squad players instead of guaranteed first 11. Players like Semedo, McGugan and Loovens were all viewed as definite starters by most fans, yet because we have improved the quality of the squad they find themselves in the 2nd 11, not the 1st 11 for most games. Long may this continue, and if we are near the playoffs come January then I would expect to see Nuhiu and Joao drop down the pecking order after we sign a better striker than both of them.
Maddix likes this post
If we put him in the shop window in January we just might get something ("dosh") for him is my thought.
"God Save the King."
(22-10-2015, 21:31)peiowl Wrote: If we put him in the shop window in January we just might get something ("dosh") for him is my thought.

From January he becomes free to negotiate his next place of work and can sign a pre-contract agreement with whomever he likes and there is nothing we can do to demand a fee according to European law. Hence the extension  Thumb up

I'll bet you a dead baby seal cub that he ends up at L%*ds  Cool
and complicated
(22-10-2015, 21:31)peiowl Wrote: If we put him in the shop window in January we just might get something ("dosh") for him is my thought.

I doubt  it, but in the end it doesn't cost us anything to extend his contract.  If he scores enough goals (unlikely) then we still have him, if not we can sell him and get a fee beyond January, maybe next summer.  Either way the club cannot lose in this one. Its also worth adding that giving him an extension does not mean he will stay or be part of any future team, he can be sold either way.
ok. have it your way. Doh Doh Doh

but i want to see a big "GO JAYS GO" on here. Whistle Whistle Whistle

ok. have it your way. Doh Doh Doh

but i want to see a big "GO JAYS GO" on here. Whistle Whistle Whistle

Dead baby seal? Hmm. delicious. Flipper pie. Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin
"God Save the King."
We need to sign Alan Judge and Jordan Rhodes in January in order to gain promotion Thumb up

Messi and Ronaldo we can sign later Cool
madsteve likes this post
and complicated
Why Alan Judge Maddix ? Is he a winger or a number 10 ? I know he scores some good goals from midfield and our midfield has dried up on that front of late.

Is Matias injured or just being given time to adjust and work on his wort rate ??

Also is Wickhzm injured ? Has done fook all at Palarse. Maybe a loan option in Jan ?
If you want to go fast, go alone. If you want to go far, you need a team....
Matias is injured.
Nothing great will ever be achieved without great men, and men are great only if they are determined to be so. For glory gives herself only to those who have always dreamed of her.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »
Thread Closed