Thread Closed 
Thread Rating:
Money, money, money!! The 2015-16 Push to the Premier League - Act 1: Summer 2015
(19-07-2015, 13:57)consilio Wrote: Lambert is going to Boro

or WBA  Whistle
and complicated
Lambert at 33 for a year would be ideal, then we could look for someone else the year after.
Maybe Stevie May could learn a thing or two from him as well. May could be a very similar sort of player.
Maddix likes this post
Removed until we're actually on our way back  Doh
I think a prem team will come in for him if he leaves Liverpool.

Those family prices are good prices, I wonder if all the frenzy we saw after the Matchday prices were released will just fade away?
madsteve likes this post
(19-07-2015, 18:38)St Charles Owl Wrote: I think a prem team will come in for him if he leaves Liverpool.

Those family prices are good prices, I wonder if all the frenzy we saw after the Matchday prices were released will just fade away?

Probably not. Some fans are incredibly stubborn so will boycott the club they claim to love even if the cost for the season looks like it will only be slightly more than last season.
The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.
(19-07-2015, 15:13)Thurnscoe_OWL Wrote: Lambert at 33 for a year would be ideal, then we could look for someone else the year after.
Maybe Stevie May could learn a thing or two from him as well. May could be a very similar sort of player.

He's nothing like May in my opinion.  Lamberts a target man, May isn't 
St Charles Owl likes this post
If we are playing two up front, then May would benefit from playing with Lambert but they are not alike!! Lambert is a better version of Nuhiu if anything. I think Bus will get a run in the side at the start of the season, especially if we start with 1 up front. Of course, if we bring in Rhodes, Hooper or Lambert then I would expect them to play.

(19-07-2015, 20:02)madsteve Wrote:
(19-07-2015, 18:38)St Charles Owl Wrote: I think a prem team will come in for him if he leaves Liverpool.

Probably not. Some fans are incredibly stubborn so will boycott the club they claim to love even if the cost for the season looks like it will only be slightly more than last season.

From what I have seen looking around the forums, the ones complaining or threatening a boycott seem  to be the ones who go to the fewest games.  Doesn't make them any less a fan, but these new prices in reality will probably mean you go to one less game than last season for the same cost.

At the end of the day its about priorities for a lot of people, I really hope no one is actually is making a decision between paying the mortgage or putting food on the table and whether to go to the Bristol game, but some will be deciding between some other "luxury" item or event or going to a game.  That unfortunately is what it is like for 90% of people most of the time.
Nobody will boycott. Keyboard warriors are upset but they probably don't go anyway.

DC's mistake was sticking that pricing policy out there with no explanation.

The family packages look much more appealing and if I wasn't a ST holder they would entice me.

Whilst I'm not doubting Lamberts ability, I think there are better options out there for us at the moment.

Id be very surprised to see him drop out of the Premier League. He could do a great job for a bottom 8 side
(19-07-2015, 20:14)consilio Wrote:
(19-07-2015, 15:13)Thurnscoe_OWL Wrote: Lambert at 33 for a year would be ideal, then we could look for someone else the year after.

He's nothing like May in my opinion.  Lamberts a target man, May isn't 

Just to clarify my point, Lambert's play is all to do with movement and positioning because he is not very quick. At southampton he wasn't used as a player to just hoof up to.

Stevie may is not very quick and does make some good runs. This was where i was trying to draw comparisons. He just needs someone to help him master the technique
Removed until we're actually on our way back  Doh
His runs and movement are fine. It's his finishing he needs to work on.

Surely Hirsty is working with him on that front?
Depends Consilio, 200 B&H a week isn't what it used to be.. Laugh
consilio likes this post
"The opinion of 10,000 men is of no value if none of them know anything about the subject." Marcus Aurelius
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »
Thread Closed