Thread Rating:
BBC LOSE THE OPEN GOLF
Is it the BBC though, I think they are bound by law to provide their public broadcasting service, so the government would have to give them the go ahead to allow adverts. You are right though, if we want a tv channel to produce good tv then it needs to be paid for, and the easiest and best way to do that is advertising. I cannot imagine how much "extra" money is needed to actually collect the licence fee in the first place, plus the cost of policing it and prosecuting non-payers!!

I have always liked the BBC, their news coverage is very good and their dramas are better than most but if we want them to continue to improve we have to increase their earning potential, and that shouldn't come from you, there are plenty of ways to get big business to provide that income!! Of course ITV would probably oppose any move to allow adverts, as currently they have a virtual monopoly on advertising revenue in the UK!!

Also, its doesn't need to be adverts they allow to get money. Over here a few programmes have a headline sponsor and no adverts, the programme 24 is presented by Ford with very limited advert breaks and Ford pay a lot to provide that. The BBC could have a main sposor for a number of their shows, Eastenders for example could command a fortune from a main sponsor with the viewing figures it has and it could still run without any adverts!! They need to be allowed to think outside the box with regard to revenue!!
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
BBC LOSE THE OPEN GOLF - by Lord Snooty - 03-02-2015, 15:41
RE: BBC LOSE THE OPEN GOLF - by theo_luddite - 03-02-2015, 17:59
RE: BBC LOSE THE OPEN GOLF - by St Charles Owl - 03-02-2015, 18:58
RE: BBC LOSE THE OPEN GOLF - by Lord Snooty - 03-02-2015, 19:03
RE: BBC LOSE THE OPEN GOLF - by St Charles Owl - 03-02-2015, 19:17
RE: BBC LOSE THE OPEN GOLF - by Lord Snooty - 03-02-2015, 19:22
RE: BBC LOSE THE OPEN GOLF - by St Charles Owl - 03-02-2015, 19:29