Thread Rating:
Blackburn Rovers @Deepdale 21/11/2015
The chicken farmers arrive for the first time in about 10 years since a Dean Barrick goal beat them 1-0 in the second leg of a League Cup tie, sadly North End lost the first leg 6-0 but that is a minor details.
They arrive having changed manager now with Paul Lambert at helm replacing in my view a very unlucky Gary Bowyer who in my view did a good job stabilising the Plastics in very difficult circumstances.
They are a place above us in the league so a close game is expected. Personal view is that they have some really useful players, Rhodes up top, Lawrence, Conway and Marshall, plus the gigantic central defenders Duffy and Hanley.
Will be a tough ask for our non scoring forwards expect a single goal to decide this one otherwise it could be another shut out at either end. No news on how the likes of Beckford, Clarke are progressing with their injuries as the club seem to be reluctant to let the information out into the public domain.
The Plastics have been given over 5000 tickets and have apparently sold them all.
This match is massive going back 20 years Uncle Jack started to spend money as if it was going out of fashion at Sheepwood Park, living in area where support was split 50/50 it was annoying to see the part time North Enders suddenly become glory hunters at the Sheepwood. Then they won the League and boy did they enjoy telling us, still think they only won the league due to Cantona going AWOL at Crystal Palace. Got some light relief with Le Sox and Batty socking seven bells out of each other in a European match. But they have piled up the misery for North Enders, however times change they are in debt have a transfer embargo and so now have to play us.
However my biggest gripe about Blackburn is my parents decided I should be born there, utterly disgraceful, this is the one I want to win, dislike the place with a passion.
Have you heard about the news on Mizar 5
People got to shout to stay alive

« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
Blackburn Rovers @Deepdale 21/11/2015 - by themaclad - 19-11-2015, 20:32
RE: Blackburn Rovers @Deepdale 21/11/2015 - by themaclad - 21-11-2015, 21:14