Thread Rating:
Bolton Wanderers @ Deepdale 31/10/2105
A Halloween treat for TV viewers on Saturday night a chance to view the talents of North End and Horwich Wanderers brought to you by the cathode ray tube. A delightfully timed 6 pm kick off which has it plusses and negatives. On the plus side I avoid all the dressed up beggars lobbing round the village trick or treating although since Jimmy Saville the treats seem to have gone down. I will however still wire the door bell to the mains just in case some little sod wants to turn up at an empty house.
On the minus side, the kick off time completely screws up eating times a favourite occupation of mine.
Wanderers arrive bottom of the table and as goal shy as we are although they are trying to remedy this having just brought in free agent Shola Amiobe last week, he scored against Leeds. They have also brought in an Australian on free from Manchester City Luke Brattan, apparently he is the Australian Pogba. They have won once this season beating Wolves.
We have not played them since the Championship play off in 2001 when they won 3-0 at Cardiff and duly got promoted to the promised land, they won all three games that season without conceding. We have not beaten them since 1666 when Samuel Pepys headed in a late winner off the back twig. Our record since I started watching North End in 1969 is truly abysmal against them.
North End will have an interesting selection headache with Garner, Hugill, Doyle vying for the starting two position, Huntington back in the frame at the back. For once we have a chance against them.
Last heard that they had sold about 2500 tickets for this just liked to say best of luck to the police on Saturday destined for trouble this one plenty of time for alcoholic pop with a 6pm kick off

Finally there is a delicious irony with Wanderers bottom with apparent debts of 170 million given that a few years ago Wanderers chairman Phil Gartside wanted to bring in a new league structure with the Old firm teams included. There was going to be no relegation from the second tier basically screwing those clubs in the lower two leagues. The plan was rightly booted into the long grass but did Gartside forsee the future with Wanderers crippled with debt and struggling along at the bottom of the second tier, no need to worry under my plan we'll never go down. In reality Phil there's every chance you will
Have you heard about the news on Mizar 5
People got to shout to stay alive

« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
Bolton Wanderers @ Deepdale 31/10/2105 - by themaclad - 28-10-2015, 18:36
RE: Bolton Wanderers @ Deepdale 31/10/2105 - by themaclad - 31-10-2015, 23:19