Thread Rating:
SNORE DRAW, don't hold the front page
Well - number one - Kelly in a room full of blokes is clearly tokenism at its most token. (And to be honest other than Alex Jones she is probably the TV presnter I would most like to fire too. But that is a personal opinion.)

Number two - if the FA Cup draw can't even make the daily paper, the competition is dying faster than even I thought.

What is there to excite anyone in the draw? There is no one in it who would be exciting to play - except Huddersfield (I'd love that whatever the outcome).

What other sporting competition tries to make itself exciting part way through?

Why would we need to exempt the big clubs from having one game they ought to be able to win with ease ..... other than because we decided to add in an unnecessary round which robs two non-league clubs of a chance of a place in the competition?

Think of Horsham, they battle through several rounds, reached the first round proper and get their excitement punctured by an away draw at Chesterfield? Under my plan they might have come up with us anyway, BUT they'd have had a chance of one of the big boys.

Why shouldn't the First Round be an equal starting line for everyone, irrespective of wealth, power or league success?

I'm making a lot of points, because the Cup isn't jjust dying, this is assisted dying. Assistance by complacency, inaction and pointless tradition.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
SNORE DRAW, don't hold the front page - by Devongone - Yesterday, 13:33
RE: SNORE DRAW, don't hold the front page - by Lord Snooty - Yesterday, 14:58
RE: SNORE DRAW, don't hold the front page - by themaclad - Yesterday, 15:44
RE: SNORE DRAW, don't hold the front page - by Lord Snooty - Yesterday, 15:51
RE: SNORE DRAW, don't hold the front page - by Devongone - Yesterday, 16:24
RE: SNORE DRAW, don't hold the front page - by Lord Snooty - Yesterday, 19:41
RE: SNORE DRAW, don't hold the front page - by Devongone - Yesterday, 21:28
RE: SNORE DRAW, don't hold the front page - by themaclad - 5 hours ago
RE: SNORE DRAW, don't hold the front page - by Devongone - 1 hour ago
RE: SNORE DRAW, don't hold the front page - by Lord Snooty - 1 hour ago