Thread Rating:
The Town are going up - Ipswich, obviously.
Personally Snoots I've no evidence to prove whether Brighton Writer is talking crap or the truth, but Colin's best efforts (if you can call them that) only resulted in two wins this season. There was a newspaper headline about Colin's so called thoughts on Town's position, which was the usual click-bait that said more or less nothing of the sort. As with most foreign coaches it's hard to put the life and the proper emphasis into the way you talk, let alone the words you might really use when you aren't speaking your mother tongue. I'm pretty sure I sound totally crap when I'm holding (or trying to hold) a conversation in German with one of Herr Flick's fellow citizens.

He comes across as more honest than the Scottish wack-job and more open than Darren Moore. The results across all three this season have been the same. A point a game. The more or less consistent thing has been the squad, fit or not. OK, it wasn't the easiest set of fixtures on paper at the start of this season but neither was the end of last season. Town chose to pull the plug for their reasons, those we won't find out from anyone that was around at the time, but they clearly didn't think all was as rosy in the garden as the tinted glasses some were wearing. I'm not absolving our Chairlump from his part in sticking his oar in on Twatter either when he could have kept indoors what should have been kept indoors.

We've plenty of players that can play well when they pull together, but there's obviously a core in there that have the same attitude as too many in the Prima Donna League 2nd year side that decided they wanted to be somewhere else other than here. Even The General hasn't managed to put a word in and say, hey, you don't get fit in the tat lad's chair or down the snooker club. Burgzorg for one couldn't pay me enough to take his shirt off him and get it framed. If only he'd framed? He could pay me to drive him home though. George Best had more idea of teamwork in his big toe nail than that lad has in his body. There's a few others, on loan or otherwise, that haven't lived up to their transfer fees often enough and we've managed to bring in another load of players that spend more time with Wardy in the treatment room than they do on the pitch.

Who would I keep - well being lazy, I'd start with Wakey's list on the last thread. A few others we might have to see who else wants them first but I doubt there'll be a queue of Managers from clubs that are:

a): bottom 3 of the Prima Donna League at the end of this season, let alone anyone who finishes above them.
b): Leicester, plus L666s, Ipswich or whoever else goes up.
c): Anyone else that misses out in the play-offs or finished just below.
d): Portsmouth, Derby and one of the other 4 in the play-offs. They might come sniffing for a player or two we'd rather like to keep, but they aren't going to throw £millions at us. We are more likely to be looking at some of their cast-off's.

I still don't get the love in with former Stoke employees either, whether on the pitch or even worse up in the boardroom or elsewhere. They all failed with far more brass to throw around than we've ever had.

PS. In two jobs Colin won 2 league games this season - he's not the Messiah, but I doubt I could call him a very naughty boy. Tongue
Lord Snooty likes this post
A guide to cask ale.

[Image: aO7W3pZ.png]

Multi-tasking. I can listen, ignore and forget all at the same time.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
The Town are going up - Ipswich, obviously. - by Lord Snooty - 01-05-2024, 21:22
RE: The Town are going up - Ipswich, obviously. - by Lord Snooty - 02-05-2024, 18:22
RE: The Town are going up - Ipswich, obviously. - by jjamez - 03-05-2024, 08:35
RE: The Town are going up - Ipswich, obviously. - by jjamez - 03-05-2024, 10:16
RE: The Town are going up - Ipswich, obviously. - by Lord Snooty - 03-05-2024, 11:25
RE: The Town are going up - Ipswich, obviously. - by jjamez - 03-05-2024, 12:39
RE: The Town are going up - Ipswich, obviously. - by Lord Snooty - 03-05-2024, 13:22
RE: The Town are going up - Ipswich, obviously. - by jjamez - 03-05-2024, 13:29
RE: The Town are going up - Ipswich, obviously. - by theo_luddite - 03-05-2024, 13:49
RE: The Town are going up - Ipswich, obviously. - by WakeyTerrier - 04-05-2024, 10:22
RE: The Town are going up - Ipswich, obviously. - by jjamez - 04-05-2024, 11:27
RE: The Town are going up - Ipswich, obviously. - by Lord Snooty - 04-05-2024, 12:33
RE: The Town are going up - Ipswich, obviously. - by jjamez - 04-05-2024, 12:39
RE: The Town are going up - Ipswich, obviously. - by Lord Snooty - 04-05-2024, 12:40
RE: The Town are going up - Ipswich, obviously. - by WakeyTerrier - 04-05-2024, 12:43
RE: The Town are going up - Ipswich, obviously. - by jjamez - 04-05-2024, 13:16
RE: The Town are going up - Ipswich, obviously. - by Lord Snooty - 04-05-2024, 13:29
RE: The Town are going up - Ipswich, obviously. - by theo_luddite - 04-05-2024, 14:01
RE: The Town are going up - Ipswich, obviously. - by theo_luddite - 04-05-2024, 16:23
RE: The Town are going up - Ipswich, obviously. - by Lord Snooty - 04-05-2024, 16:38
RE: The Town are going up - Ipswich, obviously. - by Lord Snooty - 04-05-2024, 17:44
RE: The Town are going up - Ipswich, obviously. - by WakeyTerrier - 04-05-2024, 19:59
RE: The Town are going up - Ipswich, obviously. - by Lord Snooty - 04-05-2024, 20:56
RE: The Town are going up - Ipswich, obviously. - by jjamez - 04-05-2024, 21:58
RE: The Town are going up - Ipswich, obviously. - by Lord Snooty - 05-05-2024, 15:39