Thread Rating:
Aston Villa v Hibs - Thursday 31 August
The Villa fans will be looking forward to another goal-fest in the Europa Conference 2nd leg and who could blame them? I hope Unai Emery gives us the same respect as last week and selects a strong team. That way Villa might take their foot off the gas and let us off lightly. If, as I suspect, he treats this game as a trial game for many of his second string players, they will be desperate to show him how good they are. Probably at least half of the Villa first team squad are regular internationalists, so even their second string players will be streets ahead of ours.

As for Hibs, it will be a case of expect the worst and hope for the best. I'd like to think we could get on the scoresheet down there and that would almost be a moral victory. I've never been over-excited about gaining a European place, because the "reward" is being shown how far behind we are in a football sense. Fair enough, the extra revenue helps, but our League form and prospects are much more important.

Thankfully I'll be bowling on Thursday and unable to watch the game.
Lord Snooty likes this post
Cabbage is still good for you
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
Aston Villa v Hibs - Thursday 31 August - by ritchiebaby - 29-08-2023, 00:21
RE: Aston Villa v Hibs - Thursday 31 August - by HerefordBull - 29-08-2023, 12:04
RE: Aston Villa v Hibs - Thursday 31 August - by Inverurie Jambo - 30-08-2023, 19:11
RE: Aston Villa v Hibs - Thursday 31 August - by HerefordBull - 31-08-2023, 14:19
RE: Aston Villa v Hibs - Thursday 31 August - by hibeejim21 - 31-08-2023, 21:13
RE: Aston Villa v Hibs - Thursday 31 August - by ritchiebaby - 01-09-2023, 12:02