Thread Rating:
2022 European C Curling Championships
The Women's Competition got underway today and the teams representing the home countries are-

IRELAND - Ailsa Anderson (Skip), Katie Kerr (Vice-Skip), Nina Clancy (2nd) and Stephanie McDonald (Lead). Nina plays out of my local ice rink, so I've included a photograph of her, as I've not yet managed to source team photographs.
[Image: Nina-Clancy.jpg]

WALES - Laura Beever (Skip), Judith Glazier (Vice-Skip), Emily Simpson (2nd) and Anna Carruthers (Lead). It only took seconds to find a photograph of the Welsh Ladies team, so well done to the Welsh Curling Association. Laura Beever wins her 82nd cap, with the others earning their 1st.
[Image: Wales.jpg]

Ireland were 3 shots down after 5 ends, but fought back well to take the game against Ukraine into an extra end, which they lost 7-9. Their 2nd game against France saw them down 1-4 after 5 ends, but again they rallied, scoring 6 shots in the last 3 ends to win 7-4.

Wales had an equally close game against France until they scored 5 shots in the 6th end, coming out on top 10-3. Tonight they played their 2nd game and it took an extra end to squeeze past Ukraine by 7-6.

Tomorrow's games are Ireland v Finland at noon and Belgium at 8pm. Wales play Croatia at noon and then Spain at 8pm.

For the Men, only IRELAND from the home nations has an entry. Their team is John Wilson (Skip), Kyle Paradis (Vice-Skip), James Russell (2nd), Craig Whyte (Lead) and Eoin McCrossan (Alternate).

Following on from their win yesterday, Ireland continued their winning ways with victory over Ukraine by 6-4 this morning and by 10-3 over Liechtenstein this evening.

Their games tomorrow are against Andorra at 8am and Romania at 4pm.
Cabbage is still good for you
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
2022 European C Curling Championships - by ritchiebaby - 01-05-2022, 00:21
RE: 2022 European C Curling Championships - by ritchiebaby - 01-05-2022, 22:33
RE: 2022 European C Curling Championships - by ritchiebaby - 02-05-2022, 23:16
RE: 2022 European C Curling Championships - by ritchiebaby - 04-05-2022, 00:40
RE: 2022 European C Curling Championships - by ritchiebaby - 04-05-2022, 21:50
RE: 2022 European C Curling Championships - by ritchiebaby - 06-05-2022, 00:26