Thread Rating:
Claude Puel
I dont know, it`s an attitude I got off an old Brazilian Manager who coached Jamaica at the World Cup who asked about their chances said "We are going out to win it" , whilst he knew his limitations he certainly wasn't going to make up the numbers
Id certainly never hire a coach who went out for a draw at Old Trafford or rolled over at the Emirates, you go out to win every game and only when it`s Mathematically impossible do you abandon that dream, maybe i`m somewhat old school in my thinking!

Leicester are a big club, dont have quite the money of Everton or the following of Newcastle but the potential is there to improve on both
I dont see why a "Outside" club even in these days of Monopoly money and super agents cant hit top 3 or 4 ?
Deportivo La Coruna, VFB Stuggart, AZ Alkmaar, Bursapor, Verona, among the clubs who have broken traditional dominance

How good would Tottenham be without Pochettino? Imagine Arsenal make a bad management appointment, that`s two big guns out the equation already

Anyway I digress, Puel is a decent enough if unexciting manager, but playing possession football with three wingers(or Okazaki) and Vardy negates a lot of where their strength lies which is the counter attack (And what won them the title)
Apart from Maguire and Ndidi the transfer policy isn't quite Stoke City but dosent represent the hopes of the fans
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
Claude Puel - by themaclad - 25-10-2017, 20:54
RE: Claude Puel - by turkeydinner - 09-05-2018, 12:28
RE: Claude Puel - by St Charles Owl - 09-05-2018, 19:28
RE: Claude Puel - by turkeydinner - 10-05-2018, 16:21
RE: Claude Puel - by St Charles Owl - 10-05-2018, 21:38
RE: Claude Puel - by turkeydinner - 10-05-2018, 22:48