Thread Rating:
WolverWolverhampton Wanderers @ Molineaux 7/5/2017
On the stroke of half time came an moment which summed up North End's football since the hammering of Bristol City, keeper Maxwell has the ballin the centre of his own half with everybody in front of his his clearence rocks into the home supporter having disappeared over long leg for six, a classic fail.
In the end Wanderers won 1 nil it could have and should have been more as the home side seemed to find ways of not scoring, the one they did get was in the first minute when North End failed to deal with a corner and Baath headed ome at the back post, they had a few orners early on all lobbed in under the bar, wonder if they have sussed out Maxwell's slight vulnerability to a ball crossed in from the wings.
Graham down the left was giving Browning a torrid time, created danger every time he got the ball in the box. After the intial onslaught the game slowed down a bit and started to make a minmal impact on it, a May shot went wide and a free kick from a useful position was put way over the bar by Gallagher.
Some unbelievably shocking defending in the first fifteen minutes saw Wolves hit the post, twice shot wide from great position and were denied by Maxwell twice, being swamped at that time but a few personal changes stemmed the tide only just though. The game started to drift as player began to smell the sun tan lotion, Horgan had a chance late on which was well saved by Burgoyne but to be honest they were never really troubled.
And with the sun shining down the season ended with us 11th one place above Aston Villa who spent $0 plus million on players this season.

Sadly local neighbours Blackburn were relegated Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

Wolverhampton Wanderers 1 Preston North End 0 Att 20100

Wolves head coach Paul Lambert:

"I have been successful on a lot of fronts - as a player I was successful in Europe, I played in two European finals, I played in the World Cup and I won the biggest honour in club football (the Champions League with Borussia Dortmund), so I know what success is.

"I want the club to have success and to have a fighting chance that you have something to play for towards the end of the season.

"If we can get the consistency levels and get some lads in to help the current group then this could be an unbelievable club.

"If we can get that help then this club has a great chance and the work starts now to make this club the best it can be."

Preston manager Simon Grayson:

"Obviously, we are disappointed with the way that the season has panned out. But you've got to look at the bigger picture.

"I am immensely proud of the players with what they have done this season. If someone had said we would finish the season above Aston Villa we would have taken that.

"We have finished above a lot of teams who have got bigger resources, so I don't want the last month to cloud what has been a really good season.

"The players have just run out of steam that they have had for 90% of the season."
Have you heard about the news on Mizar 5
People got to shout to stay alive

« Next Oldest | Next Newest »

Messages In This Thread
WolverWolverhampton Wanderers @ Molineaux 7/5/2017 - by themaclad - 04-05-2017, 16:17
RE: WolverWolverhampton Wanderers @ Molineaux 7/5/2017 - by theo_luddite - 04-05-2017, 16:34
RE: WolverWolverhampton Wanderers @ Molineaux 7/5/2017 - by themaclad - 04-05-2017, 16:42
RE: WolverWolverhampton Wanderers @ Molineaux 7/5/2017 - by theo_luddite - 04-05-2017, 17:34
RE: WolverWolverhampton Wanderers @ Molineaux 7/5/2017 - by themaclad - 04-05-2017, 17:58
RE: WolverWolverhampton Wanderers @ Molineaux 7/5/2017 - by theo_luddite - 06-05-2017, 18:44
RE: WolverWolverhampton Wanderers @ Molineaux 7/5/2017 - by themaclad - 07-05-2017, 19:12
RE: WolverWolverhampton Wanderers @ Molineaux 7/5/2017 - by theo_luddite - 07-05-2017, 19:30
RE: WolverWolverhampton Wanderers @ Molineaux 7/5/2017 - by themaclad - 07-05-2017, 19:42