Thread Rating:
Johnson watch activated - the nightmare begins for the UK!!
Reading your comments and Matt's description of that RW ignoramus/fanatic, it reminds me of the events in 1930s Germany when these kinda people bullied the population into following a despicable RW philosophy/behaviour that played a big part in the charge towards the start of WWII. In reality, only about 8% of the German populace were members or affiliates of the nationalist movement but still eventually drawn into the euphoria of following these horrible people and their policies of hate and visions of Empire but "caked in blood and misery". Absolutely tragic!! Also re the UK's current status globally, IMO the country is an absolute "laughing stock" and there is much more to come from these Brexit govt fanatics who have been foisted upon us and are clearly following a propaganda campaign to attempt to normalise their exit from the EU as perfectly acceptable and the "land of milk and honey" will naturally follow - as cynical and deceitful as it could ever be but note this has been going on from day 1! Thumb down Also do remember Cummings famous quote admiting that he, "Hacked the Brexit debate"!!!!!??? Yes, straight from his own lips and yet not enough people challenged this in a democratic sense??????? I've said this before that it is the biggest conspiracy I've ever seen in my life time and it is unbelievable that these morons are being allowed to "run" with this under a so called "democratic banner" with so many unanswered questions re the highly questionable methods, associations and lies that were deployed in order to dupe an unsuspecting "chunk" of the population who were clearly an identified and manipulated target.
(14-06-2020, 01:29)spireitematt Wrote: I've been having a debate with someone who voted Brexit and votes Conservative and he is a big fan of Johnson but can't explain why he votes Conservative, just says they are democratic and that they believe in Britain. He's anti-Labour, anti-Corbyn, hates the left, he hates Scotland, hates minorities. Believes that we will be fine out of the EU and that we can stand alone and don't need any trade deals with anyone. I had to explain to him what capitalism means and what privatisation means. He told me he's an old school Conservative but couldn't tell me what Conservative policies or a policy he supports. When I explained about privatisation, he told me that 'the Tories won't privatise the NHS as the Tories love the NHS and so does Boris as it saved his live'.

Found it quite disturbing when he told me that 'I need to wake up and get with the programme and stop reading everything'. I read books on politics and history, I read the manifestos from all parties every General Election, I read newspapers and follow the media, yet I'm being made out to be an idiot and a moron and apparently what I'm reading or I've read is all wrong and fake news.

You have basically described a Trump supporter here in the US with just a few words changed!!! The one thing that you haven’t said is the conspiracy theories that we see all the time now from his supporters!! Rarely do any of these come from reputable sources, a lot are homemade Youtube videos and most of his supporters will believe these “fables” instead of what experts or mainstream media say on the same subject!! It is very scary how brainwashed they have become as a group. Thankfully for us we have an opportunity coming up to get rid of these morons!!
(15-06-2020, 02:54)St Charles Owl Wrote:
(14-06-2020, 01:29)spireitematt Wrote: I've been having a debate with someone who voted Brexit and votes Conservative and he is a big fan of Johnson but can't explain why he votes Conservative, just says they are democratic and that they believe in Britain. He's anti-Labour, anti-Corbyn, hates the left, he hates Scotland, hates minorities. Believes that we will be fine out of the EU and that we can stand alone and don't need any trade deals with anyone. I had to explain to him what capitalism means and what privatisation means. He told me he's an old school Conservative but couldn't tell me what Conservative policies or a policy he supports. When I explained about privatisation, he told me that 'the Tories won't privatise the NHS as the Tories love the NHS and so does Boris as it saved his live'.

Found it quite disturbing when he told me that 'I need to wake up and get with the programme and stop reading everything'. I read books on politics and history, I read the manifestos from all parties every General Election, I read newspapers and follow the media, yet I'm being made out to be an idiot and a moron and apparently what I'm reading or I've read is all wrong and fake news.

You have basically described a Trump supporter here in the US with just a few words changed!!!  The one thing that you haven’t said is the conspiracy theories that we see all the time now from his supporters!!  Rarely do any of these come from reputable sources, a lot are homemade Youtube videos and most of his supporters will believe these “fables” instead of what experts or mainstream media say on the same subject!!  It is very scary how brainwashed they have become as a group.  Thankfully for us we have an opportunity coming up to get rid of these morons!!

How it started was, we were discussing Churchill and I mentioned about the Black and Tans, Bengal Famine, Tonypandy miners strike, Gallipoli etc. They also refused to accept that we had allies in WW2 who helped us, they believed that Britain stood alone and won the war by ourselves. Churchill was a war hero and he stood up to the xxxx's and stood up to people in his own party who wanted to appease Hitler but the problem is no one talks about the other things Churchill did.
CHESTERFIELD PREDICTION LEAGUE WINNER 2015/2016

More to Football than the Premier League and SKY
Listening to Marcus Rashford's account re Johnson's "about turn" and phone call to him re today's announced provision of school meals for vulnerable kids in England through the summer hols. I must say that the Man U player cannot be a fan or is anywhere near Johnson or his Tory govt ideology and it was all good and well for the PM to praise Rashford's genuine concern and commitment to campaign for millions of kids who were gonna miss out with poss dire consequences. I'd love to listen to Rashford's private comments re this issue because the fact of the matter is that Johnson and his cronies were not gonna recognise the plight of another vulnerable group during this crisis but thankfully "came under severe fire" from various quarters, incl people from within their own political party, following Rashford's impassioned plea, and subsequently changed their stance.
Interesting seeing the tory media sending out the congratulations to the PM on his u-turn while they slated Corbyn to high heaven for daring to propose free school meals for primary school kids. xxxx Wankers.

Good on Rashford though. Note that in Scotland it had already been announced over the summer.
0762 likes this post
The Labour Party official twitter account took credit for what Marcus Rashford did. Starmer did give credit to Marcus Rashford in his tweet though.

The Labour Party
@UKLabour
We did it! Thank you to everyone who campaigned for #HolidaysWithoutHunger Raising hands
1:21 PM · Jun 16, 2020·TweetDeck

Keir Starmer
@Keir_Starmer
This is another welcome u-turn from Boris Johnson.

The thought of 1.3 million children going hungry this summer was unimaginable.

Well done to @MarcusRashford and many others who spoke out so powerfully about this issue.

#HolidaysWithoutHunger
1:01 PM · Jun 16, 2020·Twitter Web App

Marcus Rashford is doing the job that Keir Starmer should be doing.
CHESTERFIELD PREDICTION LEAGUE WINNER 2015/2016

More to Football than the Premier League and SKY
Thats a bit unfair matt. The reason it was in parliament today was because of labour, Starmer brought it up at the last PMQs and the party have campaigned for it.

What Rashford has done is a great job in using his social status to increase the pressure on the gov, without him I doubt it would have passed parliament because Boris would have whipped the majority from his MPs. I'm not sure this says much that is good about us as a country.
Interesting question to Matt Hancock there from dr whiteford - why has a pest control company with no experience in the field got a 1.8 million contract from the government for PPE ???

He dodged the question completely. I had a look and the company concerned has 16 staff and assets worth 18k.
It reeks of the "friend of a friend" routine TBH!! Definitely worth seriously scrutinising the whole tendering process to award this company such a lucrative contract. I suspect that is why Whitford raised the issue in the first place. We are agreed on one aspect of this govt and it is the fact that they are riddled with so many unscrupulous chancers whose behaviour and motives border on criminality.
hibeejim21 likes this post
They are as corrupt as xxxx and have been since at least Thatcher, when I first started to notice it, and likely a lot longer before that.

Oooh - I see we've now got a rude word filter. My rude word rhymes with luck and has the same first letter as first.
A guide to cask ale.

[Image: aO7W3pZ.png]

Multi-tasking. I can listen, ignore and forget all at the same time.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »