Thread Rating:
Dycheball
He`s a decent coach Sean Dyche, does know his stuff, though you will never get Guadiola style football or Sacchi tactical nous he can do a job and pretty well, impressed what he did at Watford before they heaved hoed him for a big name who did awful

I like Burnley, they have sort of this mainly UK and ROI squad with a small splatter of International talent unlike watching your average English Champions league of nations team
Nice team of solid pro`s in there with some who have surprised us just how well they can do

So whats going wrong?

Too much European focus? Surely Aberdeen, İstanbul Başakşehir and Olympiakos aren't going to ruin your season?

Nor is having every English Goalkeeper on the edge of the national team, they do have lots of goalies at Burnley mind

One of the possible reasons for not much success this year is the over reliance on the ball of longtitude towards Chris Wood, he`s often be deployed as lone striker or besides Vokes or Barnes with the same tactics
The alternative player Vydra offers something different, has pace, scores goals, cost a few quid and has hardly had a sniff only cameo appearances where he has looked more enterprising than the three mentioned names

Pretty much it`s been the same with Steven Defour since his arrival where the splendidly talented Belgian is overlooked for Ashley Westwood
Haven’t seen their goals from yesterday but something obviously clicked for them to win 4-0 against a Bournemouth team that were on decent form!!! I don’t think the actual opponents or the fact they had to play competitive games in the Europa League made a ton of difference to their league form, but the complete disruption to their pre-season in terms of time and what they had to do differently was probably something that most managers would want to avoid!! Lets see if this result was a blip or them getting back to the form they showed last year, I hope its the latter as like you they seem the most “English” club in the PL and Dyche certainly deserves more recognition than he gets for the job he is doing there!!
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »