Thread Rating:
Strachan announces his 1st squad of Scotland players for the World Cup
We were overrun by far more menacing forwards than we've got TBH. Paterson exposed but no shape or cover/help from certain Scotland team mates - demoralising watching this failure. Even the 1st goal was a defensive farce with a lack of any challenge in the various attacking phases after that diabolical ref decision that conveniently opened up the game for them. The Scotland team has 'kept one clean sheet' in it's last nine fixtures and no f####### wonder after watching the past two matches!!! Thumb down
Now with England only 3 pts ahead, we have to travel to Wemberley and plunder three pts!! It wouldn't surprise me if we actually do it because we're good at doing this kinda thing!! Lose the wee matches and then somehow 'raise our game' and win a glory match but failure beckons AGAIN!! Nuts!!
PS: I hope they dump that pink strip after this awful result - start afresh with a better colour lol!
It's all over the park 0762 Strachan is a fuqing clown,he hails Martin drops him for Fletcher and leaves our top striker on the bench,drops Burke from the squad altogether having played him Saturday,Darren Fletcher is finished and as you pointed out Bannan well that's just baffling,McGinn and Griffiths showed more in five mins and you can bet yer hoose they won't start at Wembley,unless of course that muppet is sacked.
It was 90 yards from goal with our players back,shambolic defending.

To be honest it doesn't matter who is in the dug out,with hanley and martin at cb we won't be qualifying for anything.
Reflect back to our initial threads on this topic jim and our main concerns focused on the dodgy CB positions - we were not wrong and the prob is there for all to see! Surely wee Goggsy had better options than going for more or less the same choice as used in our previous failed Euro campaign?? It's baffling!
I viewed that 1st Slovakian goal again and our defensive organisation was a disgrace! It reminded of the time when I was involved in coaching our local primary school kids and one scolding instruction to some of them on the footie pitch was 'No bunching'! I just observed all those bunched Scottish players around the Scotland goal line marking nobody!!  Doh   The kids had a legitimate excuse because they were learning to play footie! Not so for our players - very embarrassing! My immediate impression was where are our lead players organising the guys around them? Who is our captain and is he doing a good enough job?
Broony opting to quitting the Scotland set up has been a bigger loss than a lot of folk would like to admit.
He wouldn't make a huge difference Jim Strachan would field the same shite around him.
He's better than anything else we have in the middle of the park fred.
I'm no disputing that Jim but put the same payers around him and it's no going to change much,the manager has to go if you are the main man in the SFA seeing yer best players on the bench how you going to react??
(12-10-2016, 09:55)hibeejim21 Wrote: Broony opting to quitting the Scotland set up has been a bigger loss than a lot of folk would like to admit.

D'ya notice Broony is having a very good season so far and particularly in Euro matches. I think he would make a difference but he'd need the appropriate players around him - it's a team game and there's collective blame for that awful result last night! As said in my last thread - we need more lead players/organisers, preferably two or three who are directing and coaching our young players and others on the pitch. I also perceive we don't have many top class game-changing players that other reasonably successful international sides have - eg N Ireland, ROI and Wales. We lack so much quality in different areas of the pitch, it's absolutely glaring! First and foremost - SHORE UP THAT DEFENCE AND DEFENSIVE MID AREA GOGGSY!!
Along with get a goal scorer on the park.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »