Thread Rating:
RIFC
Not yet Trus
(23-10-2014, 02:02)Trusevich Wrote:
(22-10-2014, 20:38)struth Wrote: Every customer has a right to state their grievances to a company and their misrunning of it. It is not dictating, just because they threaten to withhold their custom. It is what you do if you are dissatisfied. It is how you get change, or at least attempt to. Thumb up

It certainly is dictating. In fact it's holding the business to ransom, especially when it's already common knowledge that the finances are in difficulty.

By all means, they can wave their banners, hold up their cards and chant 'Spivs oot!' all they want. But actively campaigning to starve the club of revenue, and actively campaigning to starve the businesses of the people involved - no matter how tenuous the involvement actually is - is no more than an attempt to blackmail.

These people are not Rangers fans, no matter what they think.

Now, I'm no fan of King - I believe he's no better than those same blackmailers and is about as trustworthy as a 1970s radio DJ at a girl guides camp - but if he gains control of the club I'd never ever think of boycotting my team. I'd never ever think of pursuing a campaign of scaremongering, lies and veiled threats like the SoS are happily conducting. That they're happy to promote rumour and blatant lies as fact to fellow Rangers fans in an effort to garner support is particularly propagandist and seedy.

No doubt apologists would say 'Ah, but the means justify the ends'. That's horseshit, though. What it has inevitably done is create a huge rift among the fan base, a chasm that will never be able to heal properly. Do they give a **** about that though?

Great post Trus!!! I have never understood fans boycotting their team, particularly when revenue is such a huge issue for the very survival of the club!! I am sure they think some sugar daddy will come along and bail out the club but going into admin will be so damaging for years to come!! For me you boycott things or products you dislike, not a football club that you love!!
surprise surprise
So, King's proposal will now be put to the shareholders, as expected. I suspect they'll not be too enamoured with it (or not enamoured enough, more to the point) but it remains to be seen what happens in the fullness of time - and it will take some time.

I would advise everyone (as Dave King himself has alluded to in his statement) to pay no heed to the endless dissection and discussion propagated by the media. Let's face it, they know no more than we do and they all have their own agendas to promote. Background noise is their preferred environment.
So Dave King (and Co) wants to 'Regain the Club' ?

Skysports - David King fails to agree deal with Rangers

He makes it sound like Rangers FC is (was) his personal fiefdom ! Doh
AVFC RFC SAFC
Mike Ashley is the main man in all this his is the money that will keep the club afloat word has it that Wallace has resigned but that is of course hearsay
Wallace hasn't resigned. Nash has.

http://www.rangers.co.uk/news/headlines/...rd-changes

Nash was only meant to be a temporary appointment anyway, but the extra pressure from Ashley may well have been significant.
Mike Ashley getting involved now (much to Dave King's chagrin).

Skysports - Mike Ashley proposes an emergency loan offer to Rangers

I still regard all this as frying pan versus fire !
AVFC RFC SAFC
I agree Larry.

Brian Kennedy back on the scene too, with an offer that apparently "doesn't require shareholder approval" which would suggest it would be a straight up loan.

As ever, the details are sketchy as. . .
I think this is a reasonable summary of events today {24/10/2014}.

Skysports - Charles Paterson reflects on a busy day for the Rangers money men at Ibrox

Ally McCoist will have to be even more diplomatic than heretofore !
AVFC RFC SAFC
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »